Cooper & Isa

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Cooper & Isa

Post by medlocke »

Terms not offered to Mike Cooper & Willie Isa, we need to be finding a good veteran player that can fill in both rolls when needed

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... 3d1d35557f
josie andrews

Re: Cooper & Isa

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm Terms not offered to Mike Cooper & Willie Isa, we need to be finding a good veteran player that can fill in both rolls when needed

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... 3d1d35557f
Just cos they’ve not been offered just yet means they won’t be kept on in some capacity
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It would be foolish to offer Isa another deal so early in his recovery from such a serious injury. There's not likely to be a queue of other clubs chasing him at this stage. I'd assume we could still make him an offer later in the season. I think most of us were assuming that Cooper wouldn't be offered another deal. If we lose those two some of the 'saved cap' will go on improving deals for younger players so I'd expect only one signing, in the backrow, if nobody else leaves.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It makes sense that those guys are likely to either retire or move on. They’ve had great careers and certainly in Isa’s case, he’s been an absolute gem for us in so many ways but the new guard need the games and they’ll need the cap space to keep them. A lad like Harvie Hill in particular needs to be moved up the pecking order because we cannot afford to lose talent like that.

If Isa does retire, I think the club may well look to keep him on in some capacity.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I applaud the club’s stance, you have got to be ruthless in sport. Having said that I, like others, feel there should be a position within the club for Isa.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

I’d be amazed if Isa isn’t offered some role within the club he’s been a fantastic servant
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Gotta love isa he has 99% respect for the club and 1% for his body.Ive always said ,if he had KPPs body he would be one of the best ever.I can see a massive overseas second row/loose coming our way next season if both dont sign up.Ide love a cartwright type of player off parra
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE