Ticketing shambles

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: Ticketing shambles

Post by adiddy »

Not a season ticket issue, but I ordered a junior ticket for my daughter for tomorrow's game at Huddersfield and it hasn't arrived. Ticket office closed, no pay on the gate information, if we go will she get in?? I've looked but can't find the information if it will be pay on the gate tomorrow so if anyone knows, it'll be appreciated.

Matt
moto748

Post by moto748 »

adiddy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 pm Not a season ticket issue, but I ordered a junior ticket for my daughter for tomorrow's game at Huddersfield and it hasn't arrived. Ticket office closed, no pay on the gate information, if we go will she get in?? I've looked but can't find the information if it will be pay on the gate tomorrow so if anyone knows, it'll be appreciated.

Matt
From the Huddersfield Tickets thread:

In the event that tickets remain at the end of general sale, tickets will then be available on the day from the John Smith’s Stadium but a price increase of £4 will apply. John Smith’s Stadium is a cashless stadium.

I'm considering going myself, but haven't got a ticket. I'm prepared to pay the £4 Yorkshire Tax :lol: if necessary. Anyway, point is, it seems ticket office will be open tomorrow.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It is open and we got told we could pick ours up 2 hours before KO.Fortunately the missus got out ofwork to get ours from wigan.Seems a lot off hassle just to get tickets.Why dont every club just have one pay on the day turnstyle for every stand? Is thsat so complicated?Really buzzing for tomoz by the way and can see a massive wigan following
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Thanks all,

I don't live anywhere near wigan so getting to the ticket office is more than troublesome depends and costly, so I depend on the post. Silly me thinking a week would be long enough to get a ticket delivered lol. Hopefully see you all later today.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket from the Wigan ticket office on Friday, I kinda meant to, but didn't get round to it. But then I got in for free anyway!
Eccythump

Post by Eccythump »

I have finally received our correct season tickets yesterday after several attempts. Unfortunately my wife's phone doesn't accept Google Wallet and so her's on my phone. Unlike my credit cards etc being separate, the tickets are in effect in a folder together. Will the ticket machine recognise each one if my wife goes first and then passes my phone back for me to go in? Does anyone know?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

:roll: il
Eccythump wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:56 am I have finally received our correct season tickets yesterday after several attempts. Unfortunately my wife's phone doesn't accept Google Wallet and so her's on my phone. Unlike my credit cards etc being separate, the tickets are in effect in a folder together. Will the ticket machine recognise each one if my wife goes first and then passes my phone back for me to go in? Does anyone know?
Yes it should do. We have done this with tickets on same phone wallet at away games a few times last year's grand final we passed phone for 7 different tickets not ideal but does work.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:14 am :roll: il
Eccythump wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:56 am I have finally received our correct season tickets yesterday after several attempts. Unfortunately my wife's phone doesn't accept Google Wallet and so her's on my phone. Unlike my credit cards etc being separate, the tickets are in effect in a folder together. Will the ticket machine recognise each one if my wife goes first and then passes my phone back for me to go in? Does anyone know?

Yes it should do. We have done this with tickets on same phone wallet at away games a few times last year's grand final we passed phone for 7 different tickets not ideal but does work.
I have my wife’s season ticket on my iPhone as it doesn’t accept hers. I’ve had no problem tapping her in ahead of me in East Stand.
Eccythump

Post by Eccythump »

Thanks for your comments. I had visions of being turned away by some jobsworth.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

How are ticket sales for the semi final was wondering if the ticket office fiasco has affected the numbers wanting to go? In his post match summary on Saturday Matty seemed to give a bit of a rallying call asking for as many fans as possible to make the trip