Squad Sprint Training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bendy Hendy

Re: Squad Sprint Training

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Its his tackling im concerned about!! The man has a glass back :angry:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Bendy Hendy posted:
Pat Richards showed he has the ability to tackle when he was playing in the NRL, he was never afraid of getting stuck into the opposition. When Wests played St George in the season before Richards signed for Wigan he made a tackle on Mark Gasnier then dragged him five meters before literally throwing him in touch, at the time I though that Wigan have found a really good really determined player in Pat Richards and I still think that.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im glad of the idea to make the players quicker because i think that higham used to leave a lot of them for dead from the play of the ball with only ashton able to keep up most the time, it would be nice to see more support for him when he does his blast runs from dummy half
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
BONES

Post by BONES »

Well thanks for explaining it better, at least it makes a bit a sence now.
Still seems to be a bit daft to have a record for something that is dependant on how high you throw the ball. the greater the "hang time" means you can run slower yet still "beat" your oponents.

Personally the biggest improvments i have ever seen to the overall speed of a squad was the power sleds that i think were brought by Bob Lanagan. They made everyone quicker.
Welski

Post by Welski »

BONES posted:
Well thanks for explaining it better, at least it makes a bit a sence now.
Still seems to be a bit daft to have a record for something that is dependant on how high you throw the ball. the greater the "hang time" means you can run slower yet still "beat" your oponents.

Personally the biggest improvments i have ever seen to the overall speed of a squad was the power sleds that i think were brought by Bob Lanagan. They made everyone quicker.
I agree Bones at first it didnt make any sense. I think like me you assumed a "ball" meant rugby not medicine.

Actually it sounds like a clever drill. It will encourage the speedsters to work at chucking the ball higher to give them more time to get to it and the guys that can already launch it will be encouraged to quicken up their sprinting. Net result all players will improve the weaker element of their natural ability.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

adrenalinxx posted:
Bendy Hendy posted:
Pat Richards showed he has the ability to tackle when he was playing in the NRL, he was never afraid of getting stuck into the opposition. When Wests played St George in the season before Richards signed for Wigan he made a tackle on Mark Gasnier then dragged him five meters before literally throwing him in touch, at the time I though that Wigan have found a really good really determined player in Pat Richards and I still think that.
Looking back on some of the performances of last year, he looked at times that he just wasnt interested. He leaked a few trys one on one
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

adrenalinxx posted:
Bendy Hendy posted:
Looking back on some of the performances of last year, he looked at times that he just wasnt interested. He leaked a few trys one on one
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Bendy Hendy posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
Bendy Hendy posted:
I would have to agree but so did many other Wigan players last season, also he was playing Centre last season, Richards had hardly any experiance in the centres. Richards is a winger and plays his best rugby on the wing, when he played Wing last season he looked a better player in both defence and attack.
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

Once Noble arrived Richards was moved from centre to wing. So that was 5 months on the wing. Many seem to have poor memories of last season and refer to him as a centre. He was an under performer last year and hopefully with a good off season under the new regime will prove his worth this year.
Bear

Post by Bear »

i think that its good news making the props faster although Feka is fast for his size if he speeds up then it will be like watching a comedy when he runs at the defence :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!