Catalans -v- Wigan - Referee, Ian Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sharonmark

Re: Catalans -v- Wigan - R...

Post by sharonmark »

i don't know where you get the idea that french refs cheat i live in perpignan and i will be there on saturday . here in the south rugby league is just as big as union and the refs in both are not biased or cheats
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

If we let the fans decide:

No English or French referee would be able to do Les Cats in sl. Then Ashley is an aussie so 'must' hate English clubs.

Silverwood and Thaler are Yorkies so must hate Lancs.

Everyone has a friend who has heard Ganson first hand, say he would make Wigan lose, when he was younger.

Bentham is from Warrington, rivals to Wigan therefore he MUST also hate Wigan.

That only leaves Ian Smith, but then he's English.
BEST CANCEL THE MATCH!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

sharonmark posted:
i don't know where you get the idea that french refs cheat i live in perpignan and i will be there on saturday . here in the south rugby league is just as big as union and the refs in both are not biased or cheats
Have you read Mike Gregory's book, Biting Back? If you have, you would know exactly why the French Refs have got sucha bad reputation. Granted it probably isn't as bad as it used to be, but I think the term "mud sticks" is probably applicable here. Personally I don't care which English refs are used in this game, I am sure they will all approach it with the same professional (inept) attitude. Hope I am proved wrong and we hardly notice the ref on the pitch and we can enjoy a flowing game with plenty of Warriors tries. :)

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

We haven't got the Klown or the Scouser, so i'm happy with that :o
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered