question for nobby...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: question for nobby...

Post by OJ »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:[

As far as i know Higham also suffers from asmha, which could be the reason he cant last the full 80

Think probably one or two players have asthma - Sid Domic certainly does and I've an idea Stuart Fielden also suffers from it - it's a manageable condition though and no reason why they can't usually last the full game
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

maureen60

Post by maureen60 »

vikingstorm posted:
I dont know why you are knocking Noble. He kept you up last year and the last thing he needs is critisism.
He is building a platform for better things, and whilst indivudual selection may be an issue, he knows the score
Nobody should blame Brian Noble. Instead look to behind the scenes at the club management. It is the worst run club in the entire Super League. How can Maurice Lindsey devote his time to rugby when he spends the majority of his time at the racing track. As for the commercial department - what was the idea of that stupid pig running round the ground at the Saints match ? Anyone tell me ? What we need is a warrior we can be proud of - How about a red indian warrior ? These people at the club are not worth the wages they are paid and I believe a big shake up is needed. Also tell those overpaid players to get some work done on the field. We also need a new captain McLoughlin is not a bad player but has no idea how to lead the team.
maureen60
heydude

Post by heydude »

vikingstorm posted:
I dont know why you are knocking Noble. He kept you up last year and the last thing he needs is critisism.
He is building a platform for better things, and whilst indivudual selection may be an issue, he knows the score
sorry but have to agree with vikingstorm noble has been GB coach won countless trophies and turned a side from relegation and have to ask all his critics what have you achieved ?
don't eat yellow snow
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

maureen60 posted:
vikingstorm posted:
Nobody should blame Brian Noble.
Instead look to behind the scenes at the club management. It is the worst run club in the entire Super League. How can Maurice Lindsey devote his time to rugby when he spends the majority of his time at the racing track.
The topic of this thread is about Noble taking Higham off after 20 mins regular as clock work and persisting playing Feka for what many see as too short a time.

That has nothing to do with how the club is run behind the scenes and it is a legitimate question because Nobby's use of the subs seems to make us play worse not better.
As for the commercial department - what was the idea of that stupid pig running round the ground at the Saints match ? Anyone tell me ?
It was the Engage sponsors mascot - the savings pig.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=2750

Nothing to do with Wigan RL as such but the mascot of the SL competitions sponsor. :doz:
What we need is a warrior we can be proud of - How about a red indian warrior ? These people at the club are not worth the wages they are paid and I believe a big shake up is needed.
Given that the pig had nothing to do with the club, we had a full house v Saints and have posted record gates last and this season the one thing the club have clearly got right is the marketing.
Also tell those overpaid players to get some work done on the field. We also need a new captain McLoughlin is not a bad player but has no idea how to lead the team.
Wrong thread again. This is about Nobby and his substitution policy.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

heydude posted:
vikingstorm posted:
sorry but have to agree with vikingstorm noble has been GB coach won countless trophies and turned a side from relegation and have to ask all his critics what have you achieved ?
So you don't think there is anything wrong with his subs policy then?

Dave
heydude

Post by heydude »

what i'm saying dave is what a fan sees as wrong is different from what a coach wants from his tactics who would you like coaching the team a fan or a vastly experienced coach ,noble at the moment is probably trying to work out the best formula for the forwards to work with (this may be to do with the constraints of the salary cap and having only two real props) but i'm only a fan not a vastly experienced.
don't eat yellow snow
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

There is also the question of why Noble saves two substitutions for the last few minutes of the game?

What is the point of not using them earlier? Or why bother putting them on for a couple of mins at the end when the game is lost? If Noble isn't happy with the quality of the bench then he should put some new players on the bench.

Also, when we take Feka off we often end up playing with Hansen, Prescott and Millard, which usually means we have less forward strangth driving the ball in and less threat around the dummy half as Millard isn't going to scoot from DH. Surely we need to 'weaken' the starting pack so we have more strength off the bench.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Quite right viking,noble can only select the players he has got. Until he can have a free reign in who he brings in and gets rid of Richards, Vaeleki, and Lockers and Hanson unless they prove they are good players, then we will struggle to make the top six
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

old hooker posted:
Quite right viking,noble can only select the players he has got. Until he can have a free reign in who he brings in and gets rid of Richards, Vaeleki, and Lockers and Hanson unless they prove they are good players, then we will struggle to make the top six
Admittedly he was poor against Saints but this is the worst post ever. :lol:
bertina

Post by bertina »

vikingstorm posted:
Building a platform bringing on a dead leg like Millard?, do me a favour.
I've yet to speak to one fan that can understand why the hell Noble keeps giving a bench spot to Millard.
HE'S CRAP!!
I've always had faith in Noble, but this situation with Millard is completely baffling me. What the hell can Noble see that nobody else can?