YES!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Stev0

Re: YES!

Post by Stev0 »

gillysmyhero posted:
medlocke posted:
the majority played a great game, Millard was everywehre in defence, still to slow in attack, Lockers was a bit crap, Ashton was s***e, Withers proved why he was signed. i hate games like that, please let us win our next game by 20 :roll:

Watch the language please - Fraggle
I hope your joking about Lockers,he was everywere in both attack & defence.All players did us proud.
Gilly's, I've been a Lockers knocker in the past and he had a poor performmance tonight IMO. But i am not about to jump on his back in this case... but to say he was good is wrong, his technique, is questionable at best IMO.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

superleague posted:
DaveO posted:
turf posted:
How could it have turned the game in Leeds's favour. They didn't win?
He means it gave Leeds an opening to score points, get back in the game and gain confidence.

Given you think Silverwood had a fair game do you think it was a penalty or not?
it certainly wasnt a penalty they never had a hand on him
I know it wasn't a penalty and I was just trying to wind turf up a bit as his post seemed to combine his two obsessions. The old one about Ashton and the new one of being nice to the refs - or had you not noticed the latest trend! :wink:

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

From my (slightly hazy) perspective, ashton's arrival unfortunately coincided with leeds' 2 tries that got them back in the match. He was mightily anonyed to be taken off at that point and, I have to admit, I didn't spot the ashton errors that lead to either score (if any). However, noble withdrew ashton and we didn't conceed another point.

I will be interested to see what ashton's reaction to his substitution is. He seemed niot best pleased at the time and it will take some maturity not to spit the dummy.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Green

Post by Green »

Great game, thats what rugby league is all about, passion and emotions running high.

I was watching Feka pretty carefully with his drives.
Seems like every game he's been having massive games. I think 'sweet jesus' describes his current form.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just got back (midnight??) and WHAT A FINISH! the atmosphere on the terrace was amazing! Lost my voice.

thats all.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Great effort from the lads especially as it seemed a winning position had been lost and we had to win it all over again.

Crazy game with lots of naughties going on. Fielden continues to be the player in SL battered around the head more than any other player. How Ryan Bailey stays on for that only for Fielden to be binned is beyond me, especuially as Fielden was clearly trying to free himself from the tackled player.

Fantastic way to finish the game. Nobby was great. I'll stand up to see if we score, I'll sit down again, look calm and just put my hand on my forehead. Easy as you like.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

more than 61 beats per minute?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Nine

Post by Nine »

I'm proud of every one of those lads, they simply would not roll over and die, even when Leeds had their tails up and the South Stand suddenly found its voice for 10 minutes!

And what a finish! I heard Phil Bailey ont he radio this morning and he was too modest - said Lockers gave him a fantastic pass and all he had to do was put the ball down. Did he heck - it took good technique, strength and determination to make sure we got that match-winner.

Still the usual problems to work on though - poor discipline at times, failure to respect possession in critical areas of the field (what was Calders doing with that offload in front of his own line that almost gave Leeds a try if Tommy Leuluai hadn't pulled off a fantastic tackle?), but even when I thought we'd just lose it I was proud of the team's effort and determination to compete.

MOM - Keith Senior! :lol:

Only joking - it was Tommy Tommy Leuluai (so good they named him twice) - by a mile.

Quality shot of Mr Binder at the end, too, going bonkers with the rest of the fans!
:D
Squad number 18!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Nine posted:
I'm proud of every one of those lads, they simply would not roll over and die, even when Leeds had their tails up and the South Stand suddenly found its voice for 10 minutes!

And what a finish! I heard Phil Bailey ont he radio this morning and he was too modest - said Lockers gave him a fantastic pass and all he had to do was put the ball down. Did he heck - it took good technique, strength and determination to make sure we got that match-winner.

Still the usual problems to work on though - poor discipline at times, failure to respect possession in critical areas of the field (what was Calders doing with that offload in front of his own line that almost gave Leeds a try if Tommy Leuluai hadn't pulled off a fantastic tackle?), but even when I thought we'd just lose it I was proud of the team's effort and determination to compete.

MOM - Keith Senior! :lol:

Only joking - it was Tommy Tommy Leuluai (so good they named him twice) - by a mile.

Quality shot of Mr Binder at the end, too, going bonkers with the rest of the fans!
:D
glad some 1 got back to what the original post was about lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

Kangaroos wasn't it?
The good looking one!