withers???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Re: withers???

Post by Bear »

I wish whithers would actually run when he gets the ball
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Yeah Moran at Full back at st helens on Good friday :lol: :lol: Made me laugh that did :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew posted:
cpwigan posted:
Paul Koloi played centre. He was supposedly the new Kevin Iro. What does it matter if we have been spoiled. That should be the standard. Since Sullivan we have had great fullbacks. In Martin Ryan we practically invented the modern fullback. I modern rugby league, nos 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13 are the key players. We have an invalid at 1. Forget what he did in the past, he is now over the hill.
Who would you suggest that we play at fullback? I doubt that Withers is on a king's ransom.
David Vaeliki has played full back for New Zealand. Against GB under 21's, I think?

Is he a possibility for that position, seeing as somebody has asked the question. Moving Withers alongside Goulding, Bailey to 2nd row (after the loan of Hill to Hull KR), would that balance the side up, with Ashton sub. Rest of players covering the substitute positions (O'Carroll, Hansen, Millard, Prescott the remaining 1st team players with experience vying for the 3 positions?)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ok wither doesn't steam down the pitch on kick returns like brent webb but at least he goes in the right direction! ashtons to busy runnin sideways.

you look at st helens, does anyone complain that paul "the slug" wellens has no pace, no.

withers i think is needed for big games at full back, he steady's the ship, you go on about how he trotts forward, on the rare occasion he does just trott from kick returns did you not think maybe hes doin that so the attacking line can get back and set-up.

i'd actually be interested to see the kick return yardage gain for both ashton and withers i bet it wouldn't be that different
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Raven04

Post by Raven04 »

yeah i know i cant spell and dont realy give a crap! :lol: i dont need it in my line of work. and thats why thay have spell check for the important stuff i need to do, very sorry but it will more than likely happen again! :D
Nine

Post by Nine »

Where does this "doesn't break the line" thing come from? His nickname if The Ghost and sure enough he does have that ability to ghost past a defender. He has done so a few times this season for us.

IMO props and veteran players quite often don't get fully up to best for until after the first third of the season - just see how Withers goes from now on. Fletch too, for that matter.
Squad number 18!
pedro

Post by pedro »

was the ghost on his 20's. Ashton has done well this year. People have not made clear space to move in breaks against Withers yet. The only time tghey did was against St's and they all run round him. Ashton is maturing all the time and for me due to his support play also should be fullback. Older doesnt mean better.....fletcher is a second rower doesnt really need to be blessed with pace. Withers is an outside back and really is very important. I mean I bet Wellens could give him 20 yards!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

He's getting as slow as Grandad Shane....our attack sooooooo misses Ashton!

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Matthew posted:

Don't forget that Moran covered at Fullback during Millward's reign of (t)error.
I do like that, I wish I had thought that one up. Another convert to the ian.birchall anti-TAP gang. The more of you that break cover the better. I am thinking that only ChrisA is still refusing to admit that I was right from day 1 of TAPs' rule, I just want NQ Cowboys to wisen up to his lack of ability and for Sky/BBC to dump him as a resident sage.
Having said all that I would have preferred him to stay at Stains, they would never have got Daniel Anderson.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan posted:
Your right Matthew, the fullbacks we have had are all great fullbacks. Hence my Doc Murray comment was serious and obviously relates as much to the quality we have had. Personally, I would never have signed Withers and Millard. I would have kept Melling. We would have had extra money and maybe have been able to offer Ashton a better contract and certainly have been able to sign the England U16s halfback, Leatherbarrow.
I think most fans were a bit gobsmacked and worried when Withers & Millard's names were mentioned as prospective signings. Personally, I think Withers has performed and IMO, Millard has not. I have been told that Melling was offered far better money by Harlequins, and obviously Ashton has been by the RFU. Radder's would be a hard act to follow at any club, either here or in the Southern hemisphere.
Mike.