Different 18 This Week!!!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Different 18 This Week!!!!!!!!

Post by turf »

He is actually rested Whithers and Fletcher and started with Ashton according to the RLFans site.
ste lord

Re: Different 18 This Week!!!!...

Post by ste lord »

This is now on official site!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Mother Feka

Re: Different 18 This Week...

Post by Mother Feka »

Ashton
Calderwood
Bailey
Vaealiki
Richards
Barrett
Leuluai
Fielden
Millard
O'Carroll
Hock
Hansen
O'Loughlin

Prescott
Feka
Higham
Tomkins

That bench is the key IMO.
turf

Post by turf »

People on the RLfansite are saying that, "If Ashton plays against Huddersfield like he did against Leeds then we're knackered".

Why can't they just leave the kid alone?!?!?!

He didn't do THAT badly against Leeds and the best thing he did he got wrongly penalised for!!!!!!

Any thoughts??????
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

:doz: not too sure about the 18 this week!!
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

turf posted:
He is actually rested Whithers and Fletcher and started with Ashton according to the RLFans site.
Both are forced changes I think, Fletcher and Withers unable to play due to injury. Withers still suffering effects of the last injury not sure what Fletchers injury is.
turf posted:
People on the RLfansite are saying that, "If Ashton plays against Huddersfield like he did against Leeds then we're knackered".

He didn't do THAT badly against Leeds and the best thing he did he got wrongly penalised for!!!!!!

Any thoughts??????
I don't think sitting on the bench is helping Ashton too much for me a full back needs to play from the start so he can get into the game and see how the opposition are playing. Withers was also poor against Leeds he wasn't tested that often but was very slow on kick returns.

I don't think that Wigan will miss Withers too much, might struggle in the forwards without Fletcher, he has been acting as an extra prop at times. Tomkins is a good player but doesn't have the size of Fletcher.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

turf posted:

Any thoughts??????
He was hardly the shining star. I dont think the fact hes on the bench is helping him, but when hes on the field he doesnt help himself. He often flops late in tackles and IMO is very lucky not to get penalised. Maybe he will be more up for it this week in starting and staking a claim for his spot. Glad to see o'carroll in the starting line up, i'm not really seeing the excitement of prescott atm.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Turf just take what is said with a pinch of salt. Since Ashton announced he would be leaving he has become a convenient scapegoat. Withers had a mare v Saints.

As for Fletcher and Withers. They are too old to play 3 games with such a short turnaround. Fletcher may not be doing as much this season with the ball BUT he is a good defender. Just a thought, maybe Nobby will play Bailey in the second row. He switched him there last match and Bailey has been making noises in the press about prefering the forwards. That would allow Goulding to play centre.
Champions

Post by Champions »

adrenalinxx posted:
turf posted:
Both are forced changes I think, Fletcher and Withers unable to play due to injury. Withers still suffering effects of the last injury not sure what Fletchers injury is.
turf posted:

Any thoughts??????
I don't think sitting on the bench is helping Ashton too much for me a full back needs to play from the start so he can get into the game and see how the opposition are playing. Withers was also poor against Leeds he wasn't tested that often but was very slow on kick returns.

I don't think that Wigan will miss Withers too much, might struggle in the forwards without Fletcher, he has been acting as an extra prop at times. Tomkins is a good player but doesn't have the size of Fletcher.
Also played in the U21s today, so I reckons he won't play.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tomkins played the full u21 game. Goulding did not play at all :wink: