Leeds were understrength

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
El Guerrero

Leeds were understrength

Post by El Guerrero »

Talking to a Leeds fan in the bar before the game, he said they had two vital playerts missing today, Ganson and Klein! I think this made the difference, they didn't look the same team without them. :lol:
To boldly go....where no Super League team has gone before... Wembley 2007
OAMJSONA

Re: Leeds were understrength

Post by OAMJSONA »

they might have been missing but the third amigo refed the game and it showed

how biased was he

does any one know what the penalty count was , it must have been 3 to 1 in favour of the tykes
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ancientnloyal

Re: Leeds were understreng...

Post by ancientnloyal »

"Are you Ganson in disguise???

ARE YOU GANSON IN DISGUISE!!"

:lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

OAM posted:
they might have been missing but the third amigo refed the game and it showed

how biased was he

does any one know what the penalty count was , it must have been 3 to 1 in favour of the tykes
That's probably because we commited more offences than the Tykes :o
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Ken

Re: Leeds were understrength

Post by Ken »

They are all the same, wigan have to play 14 men every game,what as cummings got to say on this matter nothing, could he be the man putting the word out to all refs, keep Wigan down, :angry:
Ken Blinston
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

The penalty count was 12 to 5 in favour of Leeds, no surprise there.
What annoys me is two refs where dropped this weekend because of poor decision making during the Leeds v Bradford game, the only reason they have been punished and such a big fuss has been made is because the bad decision was made in the last seconds of the game and obviously effected the result now my point is that bad decisions like this are being made constantly throughout the game and whether it’s in the first or last minute they have an effect on results. Wigan did not commit seven more offences than Leeds, Leeds merely got away with more than Wigan and this seems to be a constant theme with certain teams, some teams get away with grapple tackles, persistent offside, ball stripping in two man tackles and more and the same names crop up again and again with low penalty counts in there favour. To my amazement we’ve even seen officials officiating in matches which their home town team was taking part. The standard of refs and linesmen, to my mind, is getting worse year in year out but if you put an idiot in charge of officials then you are only going to get idiots working under him.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
turf

Post by turf »

Don't forget the 79th minute where Bentham nearly gace Leeds the game by giving them that penalty for an alleged ball steal by whoever it was.

Senior was trying to off load it and Bentham gives it ias a steal - a joke of a referee.

I said last week sometime a big game like that deserved Ben Thaler to referee it.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Stop bitching about the refs every week. Face facts - we are one of the most undisciplined teams in the competition. It's easy to pick isolated incidents such as Senior's near the end but we also commit far too many sins.

Also, for every one that goes against us there is usually one that goes in your favour, e.g. Leuluai could easily have been pulled for ripping the ball away from (I think) Toopi. Jonathan Davies saw it but the ref gave a scrum down.
turf

Post by turf »

Yes but the thing is that the penalty that Bentham gave against us in the 79th minute for whoever it was that was penalised for ALLEGEDLY ripping the ball out COULD have knocked us out of the Challenge Cup.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

turf posted:
Yes but the thing is that the penalty that Bentham gave against us in the 79th minute for whoever it was that was penalised for ALLEGEDLY ripping the ball out COULD have knocked us out of the Challenge Cup.
Yes it could. The refs are human and will make mistakes but it doesn't follow that just because he gave more penalties against us than for us he had a bad game, which is what some posters are alluding to.