Poor Liverpool!!!!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
madmags

Re: Poor Liverpool!!!!

Post by madmags »

I am a Liverpool supporter and proud of it.
I am also a wigan rugby season ticket holder.
AND I AM NOT VERMIN.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

madmags posted:
I am a Liverpool supporter and proud of it.
I am also a wigan rugby season ticket holder.
AND I AM NOT VERMIN.
How do you define supporter? Somebody who goes to matches or someone who sits in their armchair?

Maybe you individually are not vermin, but many are and I have seen the evidence with my own eyes for a quarter of a century. I've seen their fans overcrowd sections many times. I myself was very lucky not to be crushed to death on the kop during a derby match in the 1980's when 1500 got in without tickets. I have seen their supporters scaling the twim towers to get in without tickets!

They have broken through gates in the Czech Republic in 2002 and at Chelsea in 2005. It was well known that charging down a barrier was planned in Athens this week. It used to be routine behaviour pre-Hillsbrough, was forgotten for a few years but has become common place again. They are the only club to have mass numbers of supporters jailed twice for rioting at football matches (Heysel and Millwall). They even casued a wall to collapse at Wallsall once. My mother can remember them routinely breaking crush barriers at matches as long ago as the 1960's.

There's also their glorification of the Munich air disaster and their chants about Harold Shipman (becuase he killed Mancunians). Last year at a semi final at Old Trafford, they smashed up all the toilet facilities and posted the evidence on Youtube.

Perhaps you didn't see the pictures of 11 Liverpool fans attacking 3 Milan supporters the night before the match. They were snatching tickets from men accompanied by their children. A 71 year old man who need a walking stick was mugged by his own team's fans.

Maybe you're proud of these people. I think they are utter scum.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Differamt.

finally.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

I'm a huge liverpool fan and an even bigger rugby fan, takes a special kind of person to be able to multitask and support more than one team in more than one sport..... :lol:

Well done Liverpool for coming 2nd and being a team that plays with passion for the sport and not just the money!

The good looking one!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

you must watch a different liverpool to the one i watch
madmags

Post by madmags »

I was a season ticket holder at Liverpool.
At the time of Hillsborough both mine and my daughters season ticket came up for a ticket. We let my 2 sons go because of the crushing the year before. It was 6 hours before we knew they were safe. After that nightmare I have not been to a football match but I still remain a supporter and always will.
Yes I am an armchair supporter now but for a reason.
We go to the rugby as a family, my grandchildren as well. My grandchildren are Wigan born but they are Liverpool supporters as well [not armchair ones]
We go to the Rugby because we love it but we also love football.
You can support both and still condemn the mindless thugs who claim to be supporters but only go to cause trouble.
They do not belong just to Liverpool.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Little Miss posted:
I'm a huge liverpool fan and an even bigger rugby fan, takes a special kind of person to be able to multitask and support more than one team in more than one sport..... :lol:

Well done Liverpool for coming 2nd and being a team that plays with passion for the sport and not just the money!
Did Stevie G say that when he took money from the Sunday Sun (NOTW) for the serialisation of his book about how they weren't good enough to win the world cup.

:lol:

Interesting choice of paper given the past. Looks like money comes first.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

Don't EVER say a bad word against my Stevie G!!!!!

Look no one in the world of sport is perfect but give me liverpool any day over the likes af man u!!

:devi:
The good looking one!