Nurse.....the Screens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Nurse.....the Screens

Post by DaiJones »

I'm not feeling very well, I'm having a busy day at work and am facing the prospect of another couple of hours in the office before kick off (will probably head to the Sports Cafe to watch as I can't get back to Wigan this weekend) Here's a silly thread which might enliven the next couple of hours for anyone marroned in front of a monitor but probabaly won't, at least it makes a change from worrying about things. Inspired by the poster who had seen Luke Robinson in Morrisons and Heat magazine's Spotted I have decided to challenge fellow board dwellers to come up with their most unlikely sighting of a top rugby league player, mine are poor and am sure they can be beaten:-

1) Scott Gibbs in Tenby

2) Paul Atcheson at Euston station

3) Martin Offiah in Sainsburys, Chiswick

4) BJ Mather with dyed hair and his arm in a sling on Deansgate (less the location more the appearance)

5) Keiron Cunningham in Blackpool

I await being thrashed, but Gary Connolly in any pub anywhere doesn't count
DaiJones

Re: Nurse.....the Screens

Post by DaiJones »

The dangers of not reading back before posting, please excuse my spelling, as an English graduate no one is more dissapointed than mee.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Have you noticed the Image button?

Mick Cassidy in "hair cuttery" (it was a while ago, mind you!)

Brett Dallas jogging in the plantations. (my dogs were racing him...)

David Hodgson in UGC cinemas (dunno which film he was seeing)

Gary Connolly in a pub somewhere...
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Mark Jones. In his Rugby Union days picked up the ball from the back of the scrum and headed for the little guy. (ME) Not my fondest memory. He absolutley drove me into the ground. DaiJones this better count cos it hurt and hurt bad.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Alright, so it's not a rugby player, and it wasn't even my sighting but it's a 'celebrity' fan and a good tale.

2002, and my mate was on a train in the middle of nowhere, Nuneaton, i think, and he looked out of the window to see Johnny Vegas on the other platform.

Down goes the window, and a rousing chorus of 'We got the challenge cup, in our hands' followed.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Alex the Warrior, We can match the Johnny Vegas sighting as no doubt can '000's of others, walking around the East/South stands at the end of last weeks thriller and of course we regularly speak to Dave Hadfield underneath the West Stand at most home games. Last night we also saw a member of the rugby league 'gliterati' as my son calls them when we saw David Asquith, who you say, former referee, video referee and last night the man in the stands doing the official assessment of Russell Smith,would imagine he passed with flying colours. That last one is a bit of a cheat because my son on first name terms, hello Toby, Dave said when he saw us!, since he used to have regular long RL chats with him when DA came into Waterstones at Leeds in his day time job as a book sales rep.
Oh yes, one for DaiJones as well, once saw the former England yawnion player Tim Simpson getting off a GNER train at Leeds in the injury ravaged season he had at Headingly for t'Tykes.

Top of the pile however was seeing John Fergie at Heathrow airport flying out after the 1985 Wembley final, he was with the formidable Mrs Ferguson who made Billy Lard look anorexic
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaiJones, this is disappointing, an English :exc: graduate. Surely you should have been studying some dying minority ethnic language , possibly Welsh. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

Was at the same wedding as John Monie & his wife a few years ago. They were really nice.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I met Graeme West when I was working at Leigh Rugby Club 2 years ago, along with all the leigh players and whoever they were playing each week. What a job ey!
My boss made me shake hands with "Mr Millward" used so much bleach on my hands after that day, and I had to serve Longy, Gleeson and someone else I can't remember.

If you want to see Gary Connolly, go to the frozen meals freezer in Tesco on a Sat (if we're not playing that day)
Oooo an Hodgy in our local co-op, Faz and Phil Clarke at St Marys church.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

MrsLam, subversive undercover work at Leigh?