Re: Protest after the Leeds ma...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Protest after the Leed...

Post by pedro »

I was told that Saints employ wives eg tea lady on £50k a year. All specualtion but it may be done.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pieater-alex posted:
DaveO posted:
pieater-alex posted:

But whose fault was it we were in a relegation battle?

Millward? Then who signed Millward?

It all comes back to lindsay one way or another.
That is ridiculous.

Dave

Elaborate on this then.
At the time that Mildred was brought into the club, (almost) everyone was praising ML for being able to bring in someone who was at that time the top coach in SL. Someone with his record should never have presided over a team like ours, with the resources and players we had, basically freefalling down the league as if we'd completely given up. Me, I never liked Milward but just because of his personality, but even I couldn't really criticise his coaching record. No-one, least of all ML, could have predicted our collapse as it happened. You bring in the best coach, and expect the best results. That didn't happen.

ML was roundly condemned for having the untried Denis Betts as coach, but basically he couldn't win. People complained when we had a novice coach, so he got us the best in the league. People are now complaining about him getting the best in the league... what's he supposed to do?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro posted:
I was told that Saints employ wives eg tea lady on £50k a year. All specualtion but it may be done.
Unlikely. The RFL rules specifically cover jobs for player's relatives.
Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

pieater-alex posted:

xjodiexwarriors picture for you :D
How fake are them claps!!
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
pieater-alex posted:
DaveO posted: That is ridiculous.

Dave

Elaborate on this then.
At the time that Mildred was brought into the club, (almost) everyone was praising ML for being able to bring in someone who was at that time the top coach in SL. Someone with his record should never have presided over a team like ours, with the resources and players we had, basically freefalling down the league as if we'd completely given up. Me, I never liked Milward but just because of his personality, but even I couldn't really criticise his coaching record. No-one, least of all ML, could have predicted our collapse as it happened. You bring in the best coach, and expect the best results. That didn't happen.

ML was roundly condemned for having the untried Denis Betts as coach, but basically he couldn't win. People complained when we had a novice coach, so he got us the best in the league. People are now complaining about him getting the best in the league... what's he supposed to do?
Close the door on the way out! :angry:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

People still banging on about this?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:
2005 was a disappointment, but we only had half a team for a half a season and a coach who was not suitable for our club. That same coach presided over some terrible signings and lost the dressing room in the early part of last season, and reaching halfway through the season in bottom spot basically meant that last season was a write-off as well. Were you one of the few of us who hated Millward even when he was Wigan coach? We were very few in number, but we were proven right in the end. Blame Millward for last year, not ML.
Fraggle, glad to see you are on the TAP wagon now. I remember when I was the ONLY one who was down on TAP, he was responsible for everything, the surge in illegitable births :lol: the pensions crisis, this years flooding and if I believed in it, which I don't of course, Global warming or as the BBC now insist on referring to it with this lousy summer climate change.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ian.birchall posted:
Fraggle posted:
2005 was a disappointment, but we only had half a team for a half a season and a coach who was not suitable for our club. That same coach presided over some terrible signings and lost the dressing room in the early part of last season, and reaching halfway through the season in bottom spot basically meant that last season was a write-off as well. Were you one of the few of us who hated Millward even when he was Wigan coach? We were very few in number, but we were proven right in the end. Blame Millward for last year, not ML.
Fraggle, glad to see you are on the TAP wagon now. I remember when I was the ONLY one who was down on TAP
I beg to disagree, Ian. You will not find anywhere on this website any positive comments about IM from me. I stated at his first game in charge that I would not, and would never join in any kind of "Ian Millward's Barmy Army" chant, and remained true to that throughout his tenure. I wasn't quite as blatant in my dislike as you, but there's no bandwagon-jumping from me, I was thoroughly against his appointment from the start.

But isn't it nice to be proven right when things go wrong...!

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle posted:
what's he supposed to do?
As an honourary scouser, he probably nicked the door when he left...

[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Fraggle posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle posted:
what's he supposed to do?
As an honourary scouser, he probably nicked the door when he left...
More like broke it down when he burgled the place!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------