South STANDERS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Re: South STANDERS

Post by Bear »

I was told to sit down also psyco... it annoyed me.
I found it hillarius when they were singing stand up for the warriors. I even saw a steward giggle to himself
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

jaws1 posted:
Got stopped goimg into Wembley years back with cans in the bag after i had gone through the turnstiles .So i drank them before i went up to the terraces in front of the stewards a man and wife team a nice couple .Got talking to them and the only reason they say i could not take the cans up into the stadium as it was a potential missile .They queitly told me if i had plastic bottles they would have let me through .Beggars beleif a plastic bottle full of liquid could do as much damage as a can of ale?????
Similar thing happened to me and a friend at the 1991 Premiership Final. We actually got onto the Stretford End, sat amongst the Hull fans, drinking a few cans of lager we had taken in with us, when a steward informed us, that we couldn't drink the cans where we were. We had to drink the cans near the turnstile entrances! The Hull fans were protesting more than we were! Couldn't see us doing any harm or upsetting anyone. We ended up sharing the cans with a few Hull supporters, just so we didn't end up getting ejected!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
madmags

Post by madmags »

Cant see a problem if you are not blocking anyones view.
Tell your auntie to put her flask in an inside pocket. :lol:
Bear

Post by Bear »

butt monkey posted:
jaws1 posted:
Got stopped goimg into Wembley years back with cans in the bag after i had gone through the turnstiles .So i drank them before i went up to the terraces in front of the stewards a man and wife team a nice couple .Got talking to them and the only reason they say i could not take the cans up into the stadium as it was a potential missile .They queitly told me if i had plastic bottles they would have let me through .Beggars beleif a plastic bottle full of liquid could do as much damage as a can of ale?????
Similar thing happened to me and a friend at the 1991 Premiership Final. We actually got onto the Stretford End, sat amongst the Hull fans, drinking a few cans of lager we had taken in with us, when a steward informed us, that we couldn't drink the cans where we were. We had to drink the cans near the turnstile entrances! The Hull fans were protesting more than we were! Couldn't see us doing any harm or upsetting anyone. We ended up sharing the cans with a few Hull supporters, just so we didn't end up getting ejected!
This happened to me, my brother and my dad at central park aswell. but we had tango :lol: Anyroad we was on the back row aswell on thursday. Whos view was we blocking?
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
Take no notice lads the stewards at wigan are w****ers
Yeah, but they're w****ers with the power to chuck you out.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

huck us out for standing up on the back row? yet they fail to chuck out the 100 or so in the middle :conf:

it didn't help that he was a scouser! i don't have problems with them, much, but he could have at least done his job and gone to the middle, told the stewards there to do the same thing, but no.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

- psycho - posted:
huck us out for standing up on the back row? yet they fail to chuck out the 100 or so in the middle :conf:

it didn't help that he was a scouser! i don't have problems with them, much, but he could have at least done his job and gone to the middle, told the stewards there to do the same thing, but no.
Ah...you didn't say he was a scouser!

Should have chucked him out!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Health and Safety, seats are there for a reason, ala Hillsbrough. Id never stand in the South, gerrumonsideman may have a few words.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

ancientnloyal posted:
Health and Safety, seats are there for a reason, ala Hillsbrough. Id never stand in the South, gerrumonsideman may have a few words.
omg, no, you don't know him do you? the guy that screams gerumonside! when the players come out to train? the crazy guy with glasses?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

No, a different one, loyal to St Helens chants and antiGanson chants. sits near me down below you lot.

Back to standing... it is better to sit no matter, the stadium has regulations if you like them or not, id prefer to sit in a seating stadium as people will disrupt your view in front.

People may not like being told to sit but it's their neck if anything bad goes wrong. You'll realise and change attitudes when you're older (no offence) I used to feel the same your age in the East
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame