South STANDERS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

South STANDERS

Post by - psycho - »

right, jsut needed tog et this off my chest.

for around 19 weeks of the season, iv been standing up at home and away games. iv also stood up at the back in the past when in different palces.

every friday, me, bear, jayde, wigan_twins etc we go to the back of the south. the very back row i go on so i cans tand up through the game.

on friday i was told to sit down, first time ever. i questioned why, he just said to sit down, all he kept saying was "could you please sit down" in a serious voice. so i just said well that's fine, but can you go tell them in the middle to sit down to.

he walked over, he walked back, result? no. so i stood up. if he wasn't prepared to do his job then i'll stand, never been told about it in the past.

so he came over again after giving me a look that could kill.

he says "please sit down mate" over and over, so i just continued questioning why. he said "my cousin died at hillsborough". surely enough, that pretty muched silenced me as i didn't really have much of a reaction to it. anything i could have said could have been out of place.

my uncle is a steward so i text him asking of my rights. he said as lnog as i am blocking no ones views im fine.

so every oppertunity to stand up, i took it.

i could see where he was coming from, and as it's a sitting stadium, it could be potentially dangerous to stand. especially if you fall. when i asked him why the ones in the middle hadn't sat down he said "oh it isnt my section".

RUBBISH

he's a steward, he gets paid to do a job, and failed to do it. i also saw a few people stand up near him, and he did nothing about it for 10 minutes.

the hillsborough thing was tragic, but this is the jjb, i wasn't drunk as i don't do that kind of thing at matches. im not crazy, i stand and i applaud, no harm done. the fact there was also 2 seats that were not occupied for space, and only me stood in the 3 seats space, i was causing no problems to people at the side of me. the middle can be really dangerous as people dont stand to a seat,t hey stand in front of each other and all wibbly wobbly everywere.

i didn't report the incident to a senior as it was much ado about nothing. but i jsut couldn't understand why i couldn't stand when there were hundreds of other in all stands allowed to do so, just because they weren't his sections.

id hold my hands up and say fine IF, and only if there was a rule were there was tob e no standing what so ever, but there isn't.

it didn't help that his breath smelled of whale poo!

is have understood his point about safety if we had eben at knowsley road.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
the big i

Re: South STANDERS

Post by the big i »

Persistent standing never hurts anyone, overcrowding does! Since the jjb was nowhere near overcrowded then i cant see why you were told to sit down psycho!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

well played mate i stand at the back woth all of them loyal supporters doing our bit to annoy stewards.......... :lol:

only kidding.......

i think it creates a better atmosphere when we all stand up at the top.......
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

precisely! i eman, his reason for me wanting to sit was hillsborough, and his cousin dieing there.

im sorry for any family or anyone who lost a friend or relative at hillsborough, it was tragic. but it's incomparable.

firstly, the jjb is stable, it isn't falling down, and secondly i am not a rampaging fan trying to get out of a crumbling stadium :conf: . what harm i was causing to anyone i will never know.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
hodge102

Post by hodge102 »

I think they are obviously getting far too worried and being too cautious over things.

Before the Bradford match my Auntie had her bag searched (which was fair enough) and the steward found her hip flask and told her she isn’t allowed to take it into the stadium! Now this really angered me as first of all my Auntie has taken this flask to almost every game she has attended since she got it for that very purpose. Second, my Auntie does NOT look like a trouble maker and she is defiantly over the age of 18 so it’s not like she was smuggling alcohol into the stadium. Third, if the steward was worried about us getting "too drunk" well the gated open at 6.30 for an 8.00 kickoff and the bar is open until after half time, this means anybody can knock back a load of lager and be absolutely plastered, but somehow this is acceptable? All the steward said was “you will have to take it back to your car” well what if we had come on the bus? What would happen then?

The icing on the cake was we sit in the west stand…..we all know how much trouble their is there! Haha.

I know that it can’t a rule for one and not for another but seriously all she wanted was a slug of brandy at half time, and I can assure you the regular steward who stands quite near us as seen us on numerous occasions and never said anything.

Right, that’s my rant over with; does anybody have thoughts on this?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

hodge102 posted:
I think they are obviously getting far too worried and being too cautious over things.

Before the Bradford match my Auntie had her bag searched (which was fair enough) and the steward found her hip flask and told her she isn’t allowed to take it into the stadium! Now this really angered me as first of all my Auntie has taken this flask to almost every game she has attended since she got it for that very purpose. Second, my Auntie does NOT look like a trouble maker and she is defiantly over the age of 18 so it’s not like she was smuggling alcohol into the stadium. Third, if the steward was worried about us getting "too drunk" well the gated open at 6.30 for an 8.00 kickoff and the bar is open until after half time, this means anybody can knock back a load of lager and be absolutely plastered, but somehow this is acceptable? All the steward said was “you will have to take it back to your car” well what if we had come on the bus? What would happen then?

The icing on the cake was we sit in the west stand…..we all know how much trouble their is there! Haha.

I know that it can’t a rule for one and not for another but seriously all she wanted was a slug of brandy at half time, and I can assure you the regular steward who stands quite near us as seen us on numerous occasions and never said anything.

Right, that’s my rant over with; does anybody have thoughts on this?

Got stopped goimg into Wembley years back with cans in the bag after i had gone through the turnstiles .So i drank them before i went up to the terraces in front of the stewards a man and wife team a nice couple .Got talking to them and the only reason they say i could not take the cans up into the stadium as it was a potential missile .They queitly told me if i had plastic bottles they would have let me through .Beggars beleif a plastic bottle full of liquid could do as much damage as a can of ale?????
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jaws1 posted:
hodge102 posted:
Got stopped goimg into Wembley years back with cans in the bag after i had gone through the turnstiles .So i drank them before i went up to the terraces in front of the stewards a man and wife team a nice couple .Got talking to them and the only reason they say i could not take the cans up into the stadium as it was a potential missile .They queitly told me if i had plastic bottles they would have let me through .Beggars beleif a plastic bottle full of liquid could do as much damage as a can of ale?????
At Cardiff, we weren't even allowed plastic ones!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I'll be gutted if they knab my flask.
All sorts of concotions going of at the front of the East Stand. What with Georges uncle joes vodka and my blueberry tequila (it's nearly ready as I've finished the blueberry gin) :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
laurenlovespaul

Post by laurenlovespaul »

my mum got done for smoking outside the stadium twice on thursday.then she got her bag check twice really wound me up .
believe in your team
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

LMAO. How funny was that look he gave you i really couldn't stop laughing my head of!!We just shouldn't stand pardon me sit in his "section" again it was far to dangerous!!
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx