Who did Millward Sign and Who did nobby sign ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Who did Millward Sign and Who did nobby sign ?

Post by nathan_rugby »

As we all know brian noble signed withers and millard. This looks as though it was an act of desperation and a last minute thing. We all know the type of players he has signed at bradford. Hape, volcano etc etc.

I do know that Ian millward signed trent barret and phil bailey, which left Noble with them when he took over.

Who signed feka etc ?

Next year might be good as it is nobbys first full year in charge when he may have full control over signins, instead of having half signins from millward and last minute panic ones from himself.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
a-true-warrior

Re: Who did Millward Sign and ...

Post by a-true-warrior »

i dont really know but i do know millard signed feka
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
JIMH

Re: Who did Millward Sign ...

Post by JIMH »

millward will have had nothing to do with barrett and baily, it will have been maurice lindsay who signed them
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

JIMH posted:
millward will have had nothing to do with barrett and baily, it will have been maurice lindsay who signed them
Wrong about Barrett but right about Bailey. Basil's others were Feca and Richards.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
JIMH posted:
Wrong about Barrett but right about Bailey. Basil's others were Feca and Richards.
And Higham?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
JIMH posted:
And Higham?
:blush:

Thanks!!

EDIT:
Don't forget Danny Hill for Nobby too.

EDIT EDIT:
Calderwood from Basil.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Ian Millward signed trent barret. Ians son robbie told me monthes before it was announced etc.

Flinny

Post by Flinny »

Who cares !!?? The only 2 who are doing any good is Barrett and Fika. Nobby's big money buy is S#@t, i'm talking about that overpaid Fielden...he been like a bullied kid since Mason put him on his arse. Come on Stuart snap out of it mate and start earning your money!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

At that period of time when there was a chance of relegation and you had the option of signing the best prop in the world ( At the time ) you would wouldnt you ?
Flinny

Post by Flinny »

Most definately, but you got to agree he aint broke a tackle or made a clean break since the Mason incident. I remember him dropping Smith from Hull with one punch not so long back, when he was awesome with the Bulls. Now he looks gun shy, doesn't run as hard, maybe all the high tackles etc are catching up with him. He needs to front up and get back to his best because at the moment he certainly wouldn't make my GB team.