What happens to the ground?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: What happens to the gr...

Post by lucky 13 »

Thought Wigan RL had a 100 year lease at the JJB and it makes sense for the ground to be used all year round DW is not a millionaire because he lacks knowing how to make money and I would imagine anyone who has the money to buy us would be the same. Unless the new owners have an agreement in place with the council to build a new stadium I would have thought the first thing would be sorting out our lease and price for playing at the JJB with DW .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

We have a 100 year lease on the jjb don't we? who does the orrell ru ground belong to the club or whellan if we did get kicked out of the jjb cif we own the orrell ru ground we could play there
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

Stadco own the ground (the clue is in the name)
Welco is the parent company.

We have never had a five year lease
We have never been on a one year rolling lease.
Both teams have a 99 year lease.
ALL FACT.

Whelan has already stated publicly that when a deal is done the 99 year lease will be re-newed.
FACT

Also.
When we nearly moved to Bolton Jack even went to the lengths of finding the oldest map of Wigan he could to try and show that one corner of the ground (Reebok) fell within the old Wigan boundaries!
This is not why we did not move.
Bolton decided they did not want him there and talks fell through.

The rest is just a nice story.
You could play home games anywhere you like and call the team whatever you like.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

I stand Corrected!

Having just rechecked some paperwork i have from the time both clubs have 25 year leases.
Not as was originally planned (99years).

Damn - i should have checked first
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

whoever takes over the club would not want to build a new stadium, the cost of building a new stadium along with running costs would surely outweigh what we pay in rent for the JJB, we have proved each year we can make a profit without owning a stadium. It would not make good business sense to build our own stadium
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!