GB Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Re: GB Match

Post by 100% Warrior »

:conf:

Still not too sure what I think about last nights result.

In some ways I'm pleased that we ran the Aussies close.

But in other ways I'm disappointed that in both halves we let our guard down in the last minute and the Aussies made us pay dearly for doing so.

I don't think the ref helped with the match last night at times he appeared to be confused on what was the correct call to give.

Finally, was it me or did the atmosphere after kick off appear subdued, only lifting when GB scored.

Never mind I bet the roof will be lifting off with the crowd noise at JJB when the Aussies visit in two weeks time.
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

we lost the game through the kicking game.. longs kicking game was poor, scully was no better.. & the great game faz had.. I never expected him to miss two conversions!! he won`t miss one at the JJB... hopefully we can get em there!!!

aussie kicking game was far superior.. everytime. either turning around our guys or in between em.. that was the difference..

carney.. hamstring injury... that looks like being a regular thing now with brian... hopefully he will get a bit of rehab time after the tri nations..
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

100% Warrior posted:
:conf:
Still not too sure about last nights result.
We lost 8-12
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
All 3 of their tries came from his missed tackles. Usually his attack makes up for his suspect defence, but it didn't tonight.
I'll have to rewatch the game then, one thing they could do with doing though is checking their studs.

I didn't really think Hindmarsh deserved a red card last night, although he did make one high tackle which appeared to me (from big screen) to come off the chest. He also smacked Long off the ball after he'd taken the kick, which I thought Black had seen because he was facing that way and waved play-on.

I'm not so sure the atmosphere will be much better at the JJB, there's just something about GB games where we only get behind our own club players. There were some idiots booing Newton and Farrell when the team was announced. If everyone can't get behind the whole team then the atmosphere won't be as good.
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I dont think mguire looked good enough to be on that field last night he looks very ametur agaisnt the likes of kimmorly!!!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

As for Reardon playing well, are you sure you meant Reardon? I thought he looked very out of position (as a fullback on the wing). For a fullback he didn't seem too keen on catching the ball, he liked to watch it bounce first, which let the Aussies march upto our line and we found it very difficult to get out of our own 10, especially when offsides don't exist!
If you watch the game again you'll find Reardon does take the high balls, it's Wellens that lets the ball bounce before catching it.

As for the atmosphere that's why I don't like being at GB matches. I went afew years ago at Bolton with my mate, and we were being heavily beaten if am remembering rightly, but there was never any atmosphere except for me and my mate singing wigan songs and changin wigan to britain. I also find it extremely difficult to cheer for the likes of Long and Bailey without feeling sick. :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

kt4ever_1 posted:
I dont think mguire looked good enough to be on that field last night he looks very ametur agaisnt the likes of kimmorly!!!
You cant judge a player after coming on midway through a game to make his debut, he should have been on from the start.
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

WAS AT THE GAME LAST NIGHT AND CAME AWAY DEFLATED AGAIN I'M GETING FED UP WITH BEING THE NEARLY MEN AGAIN . THE PRESS I READ THIS MORNING WAS EVEN SIMPATHETIC WELL I'M NOT AND IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ICANT SEE THE IDEA OF THE TRI NATIONS BEING VERY SUCSESFUL IN THE COMING YEARS .THATS THE 7TH GAME ON THE RUN THE AUSSIS HAVE BEAT US HOW LONG BEFORE THEY SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND DONT BOTHER COMING OVER HEAR . IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY THEY THREATEND NOT TO COME ONCE BEFORE
INTERESTING THE DIFFRENT PLAYERS THAT HAVE COME IN FOR SOME STICK .IWILL ADD ONE MORE AND THATS NEWTON HIS PLAY OF THE BALL WAS SO SLOW THE AUSSIES HAD COVERD 5 YARDS BEFORE THE FIRST RECIEVER HAD GOT THE BALL . :(
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

iteas a good all round game and the result was disapointing one of the aussie try's was a mile forward and the ref missed it? so did the lines'men? but everyone else in the entire world saw it.austrailia and all the fans who watched that game know they where fortunate to get a win.if i where noble i would play the exact same team as i dont think anyone had a bad game. there is a long way to go in this competition and we have a real chance.(but dont take out any loans to bet on us!) things can change quite quickly if G.B can get on a roll!!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
mario

Post by mario »

I would'nt play the same team. I'd drop Reardon, put Radders at centre and senior on the wing and put O'loughlin at loose forward
I thought Morley and Scully had poor games by their standards,but are likely to perform better next time.
We have got to remember that is out first game since last year and the Aussies have played the 2 previous weeks and have far more rep games than we do.We should get better game by game and the next game against them will be a victory!