GB Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mario

Re: GB Match

Post by mario »

ChrisA posted:
kt4ever_1 posted:
I dont think mguire looked good enough to be on that field last night he looks very ametur agaisnt the likes of kimmorly!!!
You cant judge a player after coming on midway through a game to make his debut, he should have been on from the start.
He should never have been on from the start!
He did ok when he come on ,but he needs to be fed in slowly.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Mario posted: I'd drop Reardon
Are ya off yer head you?! Reardon did well under pressure and high kicks quite a few times yesterday. Wellens was the one that waited for the bounce, I don't understand how Reardon is gettin so much stick. I know he didn't do too much in attack but if he'd not caught those high balls or he'd given into pressure and left it like a certain full back did then the score would have been a lot higher to the aussies.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mario

Post by mario »

He always looked dodgy,but Wellens had a near perfect game at full back.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mario posted:
He always looked dodgy,but Wellens had a near perfect game at full back.
He was caught out of position, and was too slow to recover, for Rooney's 2 tries.
Welski

Post by Welski »

I'd been looking forward to the game all week expecting a real spectacle of flowing rugby. Thanks to Mr Black forgetting his whistle I was sadly disappointed.

No team on earth can function when the play the ball is slowed down as much as he was allowing. Equally the 10 metres he was keeping was closer to 5 by the time the ball had barely touched the players heel.

It was a shame as the few moments when either side broke a tackle showed what the game could have been had the players been allowed the correct space.

Maguire should have been on earlier. The game had become a stalement and needed something a little different. It would have been a bit of a gamble but one I would have taken. Does anyone remeber when he came on for England v the Ausssie's? As I recall he tore them to shreads that game -in the few minutes he was on the park.

Strange mentallity we have that outstanding top try scoring young players like DM are seldom throw in at the deep end. Other contries seem less conservative in their approach. If you are good enough you are old enough seems their approach (and it often works!).
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Am not letting this one drop, I've not rewatched the game but I saw it on telly originally and Im 99.9% sure that Wellens was the one who had the bad game and Reardon took quite a few high balls under pressure. Can anyone back that up or was I too drunk to remember correctly? Somebody watch the game again and keep their eyes on those two and report back to me please.

Was in a scouse club last night and guess who they're blaming for us losing?! Mr Farrell for missing the kicks, how pathetic do you get.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Am not letting this one drop, I've not rewatched the game but I saw it on telly originally and Im 99.9% sure that Wellens was the one who had the bad game and Reardon took quite a few high balls under pressure. Can anyone back that up or was I too drunk to remember correctly? Somebody watch the game again and keep their eyes on those two and report back to me please.
I thought Wellens had a good game too, he did let a few balls bounce which is probably my only complaint about him. Reardon, however, was caught out of position on a few occassions. The Aussies kick on their fourth play a lot more than us Brits and you would see Carney track back to half way between the front line and Wellens, Reardon, however, stayed with the line and so had some back tracking to make when they put the kick through, this left us on our own line with the Aussies running at us full pelt.

We will have to stick with Wellens though as Radlinski is out for the rest of the series with his bad back (was even on Radio 1 news!)
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Radders is injured!! Back injury so he will miss the rest of the games !! Karl Pratt replacement i think!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
lil_miss_deacon

Post by lil_miss_deacon »

kt4ever_1 posted:
Radders is injured!! Back injury so he will miss the rest of the games !! Karl Pratt replacement i think!
well tahts what i heard on rock fm anyway[/quote]
!Bradford4eva!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Welski, just be glad the play the balls were slowed down, if they had been played at the speed they do it in Oz we would have been blowing harder.
As for MrsLam and Reardon/Wellens I thought that both had reasonable games but Reardon catches the high ball, as a full back should, Wellens perhaps let the ball bounce too often but then again the floodlights at the stadium are not to high up so perhaps he was getting blinded a bit.
Perhaps I'm paranoid (but they are still out to get me) but I am becoming suspicious of these Aussie tactics. They were embarrassed when they beat us 64-10 in Sydney and since then every game has been close with the b*gg*rs just sneaking in at the end with the winning try. 4 games on the trot is looking like a fix, if the tri-nations final is the same that will be the give away that they can beat us anytime they like but they are just being kind keeping us in the game.
:eh:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.