Re: todays game on radio

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Dave Hadfield said that even if we made the 6 we wouldn't make any progress - sadly I have to agree with him
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Lets blood some young uns, like some one else has already said, getting in the top 6 would be a waste, last seasons team could have the first to make it from 5th or 6th if we had made it, but this team is pants, we are to reliant on Trenty
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

We already have enough young ones in the squad. Thats one of the reasons why we're unable to have any sort of consistency make so many unforced errors and don't seem to kn whow to control a game.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Big Steve posted:
We already have enough young ones in the squad. Thats one of the reasons why we're unable to have any sort of consistency make so many unforced errors and don't seem to kn whow to control a game.
to be fair Big Steve, we see more unforced errors from the likes of Hock & Lockers who have both been around for a while, the reason we are inconsistant is the fact we didn't replace Scott Logan, leaving our pack a little light in the go forward department, the likes of Mcilorum,Goulding,Colbon,Prescott,O'Carroll have all done well under the circumstances, lets give one or two others a chance to break into the first team, after all the season is over
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I take your point that we are missing Logan - I said the same at the start of the season.

But, putting more young players into a team thats already struggling isn't going to help anyone.

IMO in the past it meant that players like Kevin Brown (who I think in 1 -2 years time will be a very good asset to any team) were played far too early and lost confidence through playing in a beaten team.

Throwing young players into a winning team is a far different and easier proposition, which is why many of the young wigan players in the 80's looked like world beaters but when they went elsewhere they looked average.