Wigan Set to Announce Major Signing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Message board

Post by MrsLam »

Yi read it on BBC, ah well let's hope he clicks wit orr near enough straight away. Dont want a repeat of last season
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Yeah, does it say something about an internal error? I havent been able to get on properly for a couple of days, really annoying. He's hardly the "world class major signing" he was made out to be! ANd just because i cant get on the main message board, what did people think of the game last night?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wigan4life

Moran Signs!!

Post by wigan4life »

The Wigan club today announced the signing of London Broncos Scrum Half Dennis Moran on a two year deal.

Wigan Chairman Maurice Lindsay said,

"We are delighted to have been able to sign one of the countries most exciting scrum half's following the retirement of Adrian Lam. He was actually recommended to us by Adrian who always said he was one of the most talented scrum half's he had ever played against. We have admired Dennis for several seasons and he has had some tremendous games against us and was outstanding against us when we lost to London Broncos this year. He balances our side and we now have several options available to us."

any comments?
Wigan4Ever

Post by Wigan4Ever »

Can't get on message board either something about an internal server error. Very annoying!

No disrespect to Dennis Moran but I wouldn't call him a major signing. Hope I'm wrong and he can do wonderful things for us next season 'cos I'm sick of watching us lose finals.
Cherry and White Eyeballs
www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

If he feels he's reached his peak and can work magic to win us finals then fair enough, but we dont want another slow start to the season. Was sort of a dissapointment though, expecting this huge overseas aussie star and then finding out it was only moran.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

can`t get on the message board either.. not been able to to so since saturday?? has anyone informed mike or one of the mods??

ok.. moving on.. the denis moran signing is fantastic.
he was a guy i actually wanted us to sign when i knew lammy was going and there was talk of jefferies etc.. moran IS a class player. 27 or 28!! that is a good 3 or 4 seasons out of him! leading try scorer in 2002- AND 2003. his kicking is exceptional!!! i for one cannot wait to see him in the cherry & white in his first game breaking off an 80m try.. great signing!! not everyone will agree, but in the long run we will see!!

last point.. drove the 70/80 odd miles up to wigan on sat to get me new home jersey, & i have to agree the sizin on the shirts is disgraceful!! the wigan crest looks cheap.. but more than that, the size of the shirt is not normal, surely???? i am usually an xl,i`m a strappin lad! got to robbin park, tried an XL on & felt like a prop in the england union shirt!!, no XXL in robin.. walked to soccer dome, tried XXL on sleeves are real tight & the shirt is so short!! hardly quality stuff.. needless to say i didn`t buy one.. so i am glad someone else posted about that sizing cos i knew it wasn`t just me!! i am gonna email patrick or something??? anone else had probs??

sorry for the long post!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I emailed mike a while ago, he must be on holiday either that or my emails been filtered. I dont know, Mike just doesnt have time for us these days :( Dont think any of us moderators can do owt about it wolftown unfortunatly, I was looking forward to a good gossip about moran.

I have to get small mens shirt, I tried on the large lads but it was more like a belly top so I chose the bigger one, got to say being a 'tall and slim' grrl means I have a problem with buying clothes all the time, last year the shirt buried me so this year it's a lot better for me personally. Thought the shirt looked a lot nicer on the poster than it does in the shops, am not liking the blue JJB at all and they're not making the shirt very easy to iron with all these tacky transfers and delicate (ish) material.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?
This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

Looks like we just have to wait for Mike to get back here.

Oo update...I've manged to get onto a post about Stacey Jones, bit strange reading comments we made in may!

http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?stat ... tID=66259#

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Me and Mario went to the Soccerdome on our way to Huddersfield the other day to get our new shirts (well Mario went Friday but they were both too small). We enquired about the sizing and it's a request of the players that the shirts be tighter fitting, I assume it is to make the shirt more difficult to grab and stop the opposition being able to pull the shirt over Carney's head when he's running out of a tackle.

I personally think this kit is significantly better than last seasons, the material is much more durable and less prone to being attacked by velcro. For all the complaints there were about the JJBs fading last season I think they've done a super job with this seasons logo. I do think that the club crest and Patrick logo are a backwards step though, I wouldn't say tacky but I can see the little bits coming off in time. Having sung it's praises I don't have the size problem (no offence intended); I fitted into a small last season so had no trouble getting into a medium this time around and it's still a little tight. The good news for you big people is that the next batch to be made are going to be made of a stretchier material.

I agree with the positive comments about Moran. For London he consistantly caused us a lot of trouble and this is nothing to do with him being a big fish amongst the minnows, it's to do with a class scrum-half breaking down a strong Wigan line. Can't argue with his interceptions and top try-scorer season before last either. Ideally I would have preferred a younger signing but 27/28 gives four or so years which shows some thought to the future, I shall congratulate Maurice on this signing. However, I'm not sure how much of this positivty is due to do relief that we have our SLX no. 7 sorted.

Finally, - MrsLam, what are you ironing your shirt for? Hang it up when it's damp and it doesn't need it!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

yeah.. the xxl fitted, but it was not very comfy.. eg, i felt lke i was being tackled how tight it was round the bicep.. either that or i have seriously been lifting weights since the release of the last shirt!!
i can see where the players are coming from, but surely they they want to breathe.. i asked the lad in the soccer dome for the same size as the one andy farrell was wearing in the poster LOL.. he said he didn`t know, but guessed it was XL, if that was xl, then what would we do if we had a player like anderson or parker, real BIG lads.. bloody hell!!

agree with the posters on here regarding the sizes.. guess will have to wait till feb now when the season starts.. liked the new jjb logo.. can`t get no worse than the last one.. still don`t like how the crest looks.. i will buy a jersey.. even if i have to get xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl. LOL