18-man squad: McIlorum dropped again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the big i

Re: 18-man squad: McIlorum...

Post by the big i »

- psycho - posted:
which would make sense. he had that at the catalans semi final didn't he? he had to go off.
In that case then why did Mcilroum play against wire? :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He's also played academy since then and it would make sense to pick him in the 20.
bertina

Re: 18-man squad: McIlorum dro...

Post by bertina »

GeoffN posted:
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3196

Mark Calderwood, Phil Bailey, Pat Richards, Trent Barrett, Thomas Leuluai, Stuart Fielden, Mickey Higham, Iafeta Paleaaesina, Bryan Fletcher, Sean O'Loughlin, David Vaealiki, Shane Millard, Paul Prescott, Harrison Hansen, Darrell Goulding, Danny Hill, Liam Colbon, Eamon O'Carroll.

I cannot understand why he's sticking with Millard.

Presumably O'Carroll to drop out of the 18.
The only man in Wigan that CAN understand why he is sticking with Millard is Noble himself.
Just what kind of message is this sending out to any promising youngsters at the club ?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pie eaters posted:
He is probably looking at the expierence factor because lets face it we will not win titles with Millard but we will also not win titles with McClorum either
His experience hasn't done us much good so far; better surely to be looking to the future and letting Mac get more experience? I think we look so much more better anyway, especially in attack, with McIlorum instead of Millard.
Not that there's anything wrong with McIlorum's defence; far from it.
RJ

Post by RJ »

His experience hasn't done us much good so far; better surely to be looking to the future and letting Mac get more experience? Not that there's anything wrong with McIlorum's defence; far from it.[/quote]

I agree entirely with that. We are offloading young players without allowing them to develop by giving them game time on the excuse that they are 'too young and inexperienced'. How the hell can you get experience when we persist with the Millard s of this world and some of the overpriced squad we currently maintain.