CHALLENGE CUP FOR THE WORLD?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
LORENZO

CHALLENGE CUP FOR THE WORLD?

Post by LORENZO »

At the risk of being branded a Little Englander I have always believed the RL Chalenge Cup to be our very own. Now with French, Russian and other teams entering the competition it may not be long before it features two non British Clubs in the final.
Is this what we really want?
Nicola#Warriors

Re: CHALLENGE CUP FOR THE WORL...

Post by Nicola#Warriors »

Russian?
what?
who's that then? :lol:
Matthew

Re: CHALLENGE CUP FOR THE WORL...

Post by Matthew »

LORENZO posted:
At the risk of being branded a Little Englander I have always believed the RL Chalenge Cup to be our very own. Now with French, Russian and other teams entering the competition it may not be long before it features two non British Clubs in the final.
Is this what we really want?
Realistically it isn't going happen any time soon. Les cats had an easy run to the semi (surely a coincidence?) before facing arguably the worst Wigan performance in the last decade. I am pretty sure that they won't get to the final again anytime soon without a "favourable" draw. I can't see a non UK side winning it any time soon - let's not forget where les cats are in the table; a better indicator of their level
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------