Briscoe

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
- psycho -

Re: Briscoe

Post by - psycho - »

damien morrissey posted:
how about brough as a stand in half back. has 2 legs can kick a ball great snap passer and can take the line on.
wasn't good enough for hull. don't want him. he's another moran. stands out in a mediocre side (castleford)
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
02rinman

Post by 02rinman »

brough has signed for wakefield
WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN!!!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wellshoot me down so he has. with lee fox going to hull KR. sykes has signed for bulls as well. why can't we do that and sign good quality centres? :angry:

standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

- psycho - posted:
wellshoot me down so he has. with lee fox going to hull KR. sykes has signed for bulls as well. why can't we do that and sign good quality centres? :angry:

according to the observer tonight noble has quoted that wigans inactivity in the transfer market is down to 2 facts the takeover at the club and they havnt found the right type of player! well if signing cast off's from salford are the right type of player for wigan then i dont hold much hope for next season!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

standishwarrior posted:
- psycho - posted:

according to the observer tonight noble has quoted that wigans inactivity in the transfer market is down to 2 facts the takeover at the club and they havnt found the right type of player! well if signing cast off's from salford are the right type of player for wigan then i dont hold much hope for next season!!
yes we have :conf:

webster, was perfect.
king, required high wage, dobut many would have been complaining had we signed him though.

there are so many peopel in so many positions capable of doing a job here for us.

its all down to whelan being tight, and lindsay not giving a damn as hes off. simple as.

standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

- psycho - posted:
standishwarrior posted:
- psycho - posted:

yes we have :conf:

webster, was perfect.
king, required high wage, dobut many would have been complaining had we signed him though.

there are so many peopel in so many positions capable of doing a job here for us.

its all down to whelan being tight, and lindsay not giving a damn as hes off. simple as.

i was thinking the same.. even if king had been brought in on them wages the credit from the last years salery cap would have paid his wages! i know at the time the club didnt know about this payment
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

[quote]- psycho - posted:

i was thinking the same.. even if king had been brought in on them wages the credit from the last years salery cap would have paid his wages! i know at the time the club didnt know about this payment

There is no credit from last year, see what Noble said on the interactive BBC Cup programme the weekend after our fine. We get done for last year trying to cut the wages into this and subsequent years and we get done this year and next for actually paying them out then.

Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall posted:
[There is no credit from last year, see what Noble said on the interactive BBC Cup programme the weekend after our fine. We get done for last year trying to cut the wages into this and subsequent years and we get done this year and next for actually paying them out then.
Mo was quoted as saying (when the club announced it would not appeal the points deduction) that the RFL had issued a credit note for 2007 and 2008 for the £222K Wigan were over the cap. He also said it could not be used this season because the transfer deadline had passed.

Yours is the first post to suggest we got done for 2006 when we didn't actually pay the wages and are getting done again this and next season for actually paying them out.

This can't be right and given Mo's high profile announcement of the credit note from the RFL.

Even the RFL isn't stupid enough to penalise us one season for wages not paid and then say they count when they are paid later.

Are you sure Nobby was not referring to the fact for 2007 the transfer deadline was passed so in effect we were penalised because we could not make use of the credit note?

Dave
jammie

Post by jammie »

have been on holiday and could not understand it when i read (two days later) wigan had decided not to appeal,and then the next sentence that the rfl had issued us with a credit note for the 220,000 that we were so called over the cap.is that NOT an addmission that the rfl got it totally WRONG AND IT WAS THEM that was at fault not wigan i bet there was no bloody apology note with the credit note.it would not suprise me that they won't let us use the extra cash, after all we are wigan warriors and we all know they hate us. :exc: :exc: :exc:
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

- psycho - posted:
Or perhaps Whelan concentrating on his main focus the football club (as it has always been) - and Lindsay being in hospital following major surgery?

You can dislike ML as much as you want - however given his current predicament I don't think you can really criticize him for not making new signings his top priority
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------