Players leaving???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sma1ex

Players leaving???

Post by sma1ex »

Does anybody know which players are leaving?? They usually announce before the last home game of the season so the players which are leaving can get a proper send off?? Do you think they havent announced anything because of the importance of tonights game or just so incase a player makes a mistake the finger cant be pointed??
lancaster077

Re: Players leaving???

Post by lancaster077 »

I think they will wait because of the importance of todays game or maybe there getting rid of nobody.And only Fletcher will leave. :conf: :conf:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Or maybe they are treating the best support in the game with the same old contempt. :angry:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I spoke to fletch last week and i said, make sure we get to say good bye to you at our last game against saints, cos it`ll be the last time we see you...

he replyed..."Nar..., ill see you in our other game at the JJB. :conf:

think it was his way of saying this will not be our last game and he`ll see us in the playoffs.

Hope so!
But even if we do get to the playoffs, we won't get a home game (unless Old Trafford counts...?).

The absolute highest we can finish is 5th (If we win and Hudds lose by enough).
Dave Q

Post by Dave Q »

GeoffN posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
I spoke to fletch last week and i said, make sure we get to say good bye to you at our last game against saints, cos it`ll be the last time we see you...

he replyed..."Nar..., ill see you in our other game at the JJB. :conf:

think it was his way of saying this will not be our last game and he`ll see us in the playoffs.

Hope so!
But even if we do get to the playoffs, we won't get a home game (unless Old Trafford counts...?).

The absolute highest we can finish is 5th (If we win and Hudds lose by enough).
Yes....and IF we finish 5th and IF we beat the 4th Team and IF the 6th Team beat Bradford then we will end up at home in the 2nd Playoff match against the team who finished 6th! :wink:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Official site says that Vaeleki has played his last home match at Wigan good for him tonight he showed a bit of class.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I have been one of DV's biggest critics and although one swallow does not make a summer - I think he was superb tonight. He totally bossed Gidley and his try was his best in cherry and white. Had he put in a few more performances like that in then I think that we would have been begging him to stay.

That was his best game for us by a country mile!

What is done is done - and even though he hasn't been as good as we hoped he would be I would like to wish him all the best for the future. At least he left on a high note!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
I have been one of DV's biggest critics and although one swallow does not make a summer - I think he was superb tonight. He totally bossed Gidley and his try was his best in cherry and white. Had he put in a few more performances like that in then I think that we would have been begging him to stay.

That was his best game for us by a country mile!

What is done is done - and even though he hasn't been as good as we hoped he would be I would like to wish him all the best for the future. At least he left on a high note!
Agreed. At the time, I was about to criticise him for not passing to Calderwood or Colbon, then realised he only had to outpace Wellens...
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I am pleased for David tonight I have been a fan of his although his stay at Wigan has been highly critical.

Great try tonight (points for preds league) all the best for the future Dave!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame