WHAT A FARCE!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: WHAT A FARCE!!!

Post by butt monkey »

ancientnloyal posted:
My dummy is back in now

Nice Colour!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

lancaster077 posted:
Well i for one will be writing to Setanta sports asking them no pleading them to outbid Sky sports for the rights to Super League then the personell will change with regards to Super League experts and it will change the face of Rugby League to a more un biased front.

Because the Saints Bias is so tiresome that its destroying the game of Rugby League.
Sorry, but I don't think that would change a thing. The biggest culprits are the likes of Martyn Sadler, Mike Latham and particularly IMO Dave Hadfield who shows how little he knows about RL every time he opens his mouth either on Sky, or on the BBC, and I'm sure he'd pop up somewhere no matter who held the tv rights. It's the people like that who are the ones voting, and I'm but sorry but Mr Hadfield is just an idiot.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

he didnt get sts player of the year ,i allways thought the people at red hall were sts fans ,now i know they are .Dont get me wrong roby a great player but man of steel dont make me laugh
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

cpwigan posted:
Would love to know who the panel of experts actually are :conf: The only conclusion I can draw is they did not like everybody assuming it was a certainty that Trent would win it and they do not like anybody/anything connected with Wigan RLFC.
judging by the result it must have been simon, louie and sharon. we know who the real mos was
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
he didnt get sts player of the year ,i allways thought the people at red hall were sts fans ,now i know they are .Dont get me wrong roby a great player but man of steel dont make me laugh
Exactly right: he's a good player, but to put him alongside the likes of Farrell, Sculthorpe, Offiah, Hanley, Edwards...they're 'avin a laugh!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Like everybody else, I'm absolutely gob-smacked at what I've read!!I'm afraid Super League is being devalued by Sky and all the you-know-whats associated with them. I only watch the Wigan games now and boy do I wish we had an altenative. Why don't we all write to the Head of Sports at Sky or Head of RL at Sky, or both? Maybe (and it's a big maybe) they might change the prats who seem to dominate the coverage if enough viewers threaten to finish with Sky
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

BriH posted:
Like everybody else, I'm absolutely gob-smacked at what I've read!!I'm afraid Super League is being devalued by Sky and all the you-know-whats associated with them. I only watch the Wigan games now and boy do I wish we had an altenative. Why don't we all write to the Head of Sports at Sky or Head of RL at Sky, or both? Maybe (and it's a big maybe) they might change the prats who seem to dominate the coverage if enough viewers threaten to finish with Sky
It's easy to criticise Sky, but we've also been on tv plenty of times this year as well. The people who vote for Man of Steel, the journalists, are people who attend games no matter what is on tv. I really don't think that Sky has any influence on the choices at all.

Also, from what people I know who follow football tell me, Setenta or whatever they're called are pretty clueless when it comes to live sports coverage, and no-one could possibly claim the BBC are better than Sky. I accept that some people don't like Eddie and Stevo, although I'm afraid I'd listen to them 7 days a week rather than Ray French and Jiffy Davies for 2 hours, but in terms of the production of the live games I think Sky set a standard that is difficult to beat.

Sky also have a shedload of money to put into the sport, and SL really needs that money to survive. I'm not sure if the alternative providers have the audience or finances to compete.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fraggle posted:

Sorry, but I don't think that would change a thing. The biggest culprits are the likes of Martyn Sadler, Mike Latham and particularly IMO Dave Hadfield who shows how little he knows about RL every time he opens his mouth either on Sky, or on the BBC, and I'm sure he'd pop up somewhere no matter who held the tv rights. It's the people like that who are the ones voting, and I'm but sorry but Mr Hadfield is just an idiot.
Martyn Sadler is the worst out of the bunch. He states his own opinions as fact and mocks opposing views with a tone which can only be described as pure arrogance.

To be fair to Dave Hadfield he's one of the few National reporters to put pressure on his editor to give RL some credit. I have been reading his articles for many many years and I am struggling to think of any other national reporter who has given RL half the profile.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

gpartin posted:
Fraggle posted:

Martyn Sadler is the worst out of the bunch. He states his own opinions as fact and mocks opposing views with a tone which can only be described as pure arrogance.

To be fair to Dave Hadfield he's one of the few National reporters to put pressure on his editor to give RL some credit. I have been reading his articles for many many years and I am struggling to think of any other national reporter who has given RL half the profile.
That's true about Hadfield, but I'm afraid when I listen to the man or read his stuff he's as bad as Sadler for thinking his word is the truth. Particularly when he used to pick the Man of the Match on Sky (why, oh why, did they stop letting the viewers call in to make the choice?) he seemed to be watching a different game entirely and picking people who were not obvious candidates based on what was on the screen.... sounds a bit familiar given last night's events. So yes, I commend him for his efforts in promoting our sport, but seriously question his judgement sometimes in the substance of what he's saying about the sport!

[hr]
Welski

Post by Welski »

Over the past few weeks RL have had the chance to tap into the general Rugby interest with the Union WC. We've had some superb games in the play offs this year, perfect to showcase the game.

Then you get news like this...Man of Steel for a sub Ref of the year for a guy that was 'demoted' etc,etc etc . When I told a "union" mate of mine about the Ganson saga in the play offs he said it just underlined what a mess the game is.

Until they sort out the off the field stuff the game wont have a chance of being what it should be.

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League