Feka in GBH probe

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Feka in GBH probe

Post by ancientnloyal »

Imagine if Hock's first name wasn't Gareth but... Mike :exc:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mano posted:
This is not about feka it was about another player
No its about Feka because he is the one who has been bailed pending a decision on charges. No one else is officially in the frame so until someone is, Feka is who it concerns.

Dave
Nine

Post by Nine »

DaveO posted:
mano posted:
This is not about feka it was about another player
No its about Feka because he is the one who has been bailed pending a decision on charges. No one else is officially in the frame so until someone is, Feka is who it concerns.

Dave
mano referred to investigations into another incident that have been going on for months, Dave - I'm assuming he means that it is not Feka who is alleged to have been involved in that one.

Feka is a great guy, I've met him several times, and I'd like to think that if he has done something wrong he will be man enough to hold his hands up, take his punishment and move on with the support of his club, fans and most importantly family.
Squad number 18!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Sports stars receive abuse from the public most of which would not be tolerated by a general member of the public but when its a sports star they have to tolerate it. I know that they are meant to set an example and I don't think violence will actually solve anything but these sports stars are human after all.

The media in these cases is always biased towards the general public, the guy could have been saying horrible things to Feka but that won't matter. The Feka story gets space on News 24 yet Martin Aspinwall being attacked receives a little column in a local paper.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
Sports stars receive abuse from the public most of which would not be tolerated by a general member of the public but when its a sports star they have to tolerate it. I know that they are meant to set an example and I don't think violence will actually solve anything but these sports stars are human after all.
The thing is though "being human after all" is no excuse to break someone's jaw unless you did it while physically defending yourself against an attack.
The media in these cases is always biased towards the general public, the guy could have been saying horrible things to Feka but that won't matter. The Feka story gets space on News 24 yet Martin Aspinwall being attacked receives a little column in a local paper.
This is always the case and of course it is not fair. However had the bus driver not ended up with a broken jaw the media would not have this opportunity to behave as we expect in the first place would they?

Dave
BriH

Post by BriH »

I agree with this. The only thing we know for sure is the fact that he has been questioned under caution - that's it. Stop th erumour mills!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

DaveO posted:
The thing is though "being human after all" is no excuse to break someone's jaw unless you did it while physically defending yourself against an attack.
I'm not saying that he should have broken the guys jaw but all humans can have a sudden and temporary loss of self controls, just because someone plays sport it does not mean they have greater self control then any other member of the public. Most people at one stage or another has been so angry or annoyed that they have done something that they would not usually do.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
DaveO posted:
I'm not saying that he should have broken the guys jaw but all humans can have a sudden and temporary loss of self controls, just because someone plays sport it does not mean they have greater self control then any other member of the public.
It should because unless they are totally naive they ought to know they will be likely to face the odd nutter around town trying to wind them up.

Therefore they should be prepared for this sort of thing and not be losing their self control when it happens but be walking away from trouble.
Most people at one stage or another has been so angry or annoyed that they have done something that they would not usually do.
But these players are not you or I. We won't be baited for being a Wigan RL player and won't be recognised around town as someone to deliberately wind up as a result.

They will and should realise this and so the excuse of simply snapping or being human does not apply IMO.

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

ancientnloyal posted:
Imagine if Hock's first name wasn't Gareth but... Mike :exc:
:lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I heard Feka attacked the bus driver with a peanut.

Gaz Hock asked what type of peanut?

And Feka replied asalted.

Ta daaaaa im here all week. :D :D