Everyone watching RU?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lancaster077

Re: Everyone watching RU?

Post by lancaster077 »

Im glad the Union tools lost and before anybody asks im patriotic in every sence of the word as i was in Iraq,Afganistan,Sierra Leone,Kosovo and Northern Ireland, Fighting for this country and for the freedom of others.

Because i despise the Union clowns that much....They steal our decent young players,They think Faz is a second rate player and very overrated,They think our game is second rate,They think the supporters of rugby league all wear flat caps and have whippets, They also think League is a working class game where as theres is an upper class game etc,etc,etc.

They look down there noses at us, And in return i laugh so much at the stiffness and stuffyness of everything to do with snoozian.

And if you think im jumping on the bandwagon to support the same players and supporters who deplore our game in the name of patriotism your very much mistaken.

The death of Union long live League.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO posted:In which case SA deserved to lose the final. All their points came from England errors and it was only England who got over the line for a try that was disallowed. SA created nothing.

In fact SA have played this percentage game all through the tournament after the first game V England. It is equally as boring a game as England are often criticised for playing.

Dave
With the vagaries of Union refereeing, England have long since relied on progressing with the negative tactics employed, throughout the tournament. They, btw, went into the tournament, as outsiders, having won something like 5 out of the last 17 matches - hardly inspirational form from England.

If SA played England at their own game (which I felt they would do anyway), then so be it. I very much doubt that England would have allowed a flowing/fast moving game had SA attempted it in any case.

Just the general disappointment felt, was that SA were not more adventurous in the Final, and so played like a stoic England side for most of the tournament.

This also reflects badly on the game in general, the fact that, negative tactics and a side with a more adept kicking game/goal kicker, were always more likely to succeed, given the games current state of rules!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey posted:
This also reflects badly on the game in general, the fact that, negative tactics and a side with a more adept kicking game/goal kicker, were always more likely to succeed, given the games current state of rules!
It does but they were both as bad as each other which was the point I was making. I said to my son after the match I doubt any South Africans will be queuing up to buy the DVD of the match highlights as there were no highlights in the match!

Dave
Nine

Post by Nine »

........................................... yup, the paint's definitely dry now. Sorry - what was everyone saying? :eh:
Squad number 18!
Welski

Post by Welski »

LOL some the the comments/justification on this thread have been superb! Hysterical, the Nazi bit was fantastic. Didnt Saladin hate League as well- prompting Richard The British (and Irish) Lion Heart to kick off the "Crusades"?

Each to their own I say.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
i know you dislike RU AnL but come on! this is your country here! it doesnt matter if its football, rugby, tennis, olympics, fly fishing!! you follow your country no matter what. it's called patriotism, something you don't seem to have much of.

regardless of it being rugby union, applauding a disallowed try is a disgrace to your country, im sorry :conf:
How about applauding good use of the video referee in giving a correct decision, given that their use of the video ref was taken from our sport?

I'm with A&L on the patriotism thing. I didn't choose what country to be born in, and have no loyalty towards it when it comes to sports I have no interest in. Even renaming the team "Fraggle's Very Own RUFC" wouldn't make me show any interest. I don't like the sport, no matter who is playing (and that includes Wigan in the cross-code challenge!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

But Twickenham 1995 was sweet as Fraggle! :D

Tuigamala's power try... like a mad man trying to swat a fly.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriors10 posted:
:angry: you shouldnt even be allowed to call yourself english
you support your country no matter what the sport
sad person
If that's the case, then I'm happy to remember that if I go back 1000 years I'm French, with an Irish/Scottish family name...

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ancientnloyal posted:
But Twickenham 1995 was sweet as Fraggle! :D

Tuigamala's power try... like a mad man trying to swat a fly.
I'm happy to make an exception for the 7's, it's a kind of hybrid sport in any case! That try is indeed an absolute classic...

[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Welski posted:
LOL some the the comments/justification on this thread have been superb! Hysterical, the Nazi bit was fantastic. Didnt Saladin hate League as well- prompting Richard The British (and Irish) Lion Heart to kick off the "Crusades"?

Each to their own I say.
Well certain things in the History of RL and RU are well documented such as Scott Gibbs being ostracised for switching codes with Saints and the numerous "a.n. others" who had trials for RL sides but could not do so under their own names for fear of the repercussions.

I don't recall the "Nazi" comment in this thread and I am not about to read over it to find it but if it was referring to what happened in Vichy France in WWII regarding RL that is pretty well documented and an absolute disgrace.

These things from the past can't be undone.

For myself I enjoy my sons involvement with the game (RU) but as I said up to now it isn't the kind of RU kick-fest you saw in the WC final. I enjoy the social side of it as well and have made some good friends at the RU club but none of them will ever convince me a game like the WC final was good to watch.

Dave