Fa'asavalu selected in GB squad!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Re: Fa'asavalu selected in...

Post by turf »

butt monkey posted:
lancaster077 posted:
I cant agree with you, Ive never rated Tickle and i still dont.I dont think hes good enough for G.B.

I thought when Wigan got rid of Tickle it was a great bit of buisness as its given Hanson a chance to shine and IMO was one of the most consistant players last year.
Tickle was one of the great "what ifs". Much undoubted talent, but, a "big time charlie" with an ego to boot. He could have been a real star for the club.

He wasn't missed by Wigan last season, and IMO wont be at any point in the future. His attitude and application was more than questionable (as was his "one on one" defence).
Likes kicking off does he butt monkey? It seems like it in the bit that I have highlighted in bold!!! :D :D
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Just goes to show we are a better team without him and Hull are worse off with him. :cool:
turf

Post by turf »

lancaster077 posted:
Just goes to show we are a better team without him and Hull are worse off with him. :cool:
I don't know much about the point highlighted in bold lancaster 077!! :(
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Hull were in the grand final last year yet got knocked out in the quaters by us this year thus they are worse off than they were last year.

We on the other hand were nearly relagated last year with Tickle in the side but this year we reached the semis without Tickle, Thus better off without him.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Thread totally derailed. We should all be talking about Mauri. For me he shouldn't play - or we should also add Pat Richards to the squad!! :wink:
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

if were just going to turn to foreigners for GB then the kids wont be pushed through....

its an absolute disgrace!

what must the youngsters of RL at proff clubs think!!!

disgusting!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

If the RL want to push kids away from RL to RU, then this is the way to do it. If this progresses, then British kids will have no chance of playing international Rugby, unless in the other code.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

The Super League has too many overseas players according to the RFL so to combat this they are going to stick them all in the GB squad and call them British.

Including foreign players is one massive leap in the wrong direction for GB, we need to improve the young talent not pick overseas players who don't selected for there own country.

jimofwigan

Re: Fa'asavalu selected in GB ...

Post by jimofwigan »

Sutty posted:
I'm all for putting out the strongest possible team available, for a test match. But how on Earth can this guy be selected for GB?
No, this is nothing against him beig a Saints player and I know that he is classed as eligible because he has lived over here for a certain length of time. But, IMO if you are playing for GB you should be British. He doesn't even qualify through any ancestry.
I would love to have a player of his calibre available to us to come off the bench, but not a foreign player. What next? Trent will be turning out for GB!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 055237.stm :angry:
It all stems from two world cups ago . Jackie Charlton took charge of the Irish football team.If he fancied a player from any other nation he used to take them to the local pub in DUBLIN that had a restraunt on the 2nd floor. He wined and dined them, told them that they were eligible to play for Ireland. When they quized his wisdom he took them to the top of the stairs they had just walked up and pushed them down it.If they survived and got up unhurt he would claim they are now of Irish decent. Smith has a similer set of stairs at Leeds. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eusa2:
jame1

Post by jame1 »

How long before we have more aussies & kiwis playing for GB than brits. This does not encourage youngsters into the game .why should they try when a player can become eligble because he has lived hear 5 years.AN ABSOLUTE DISGRASE