Team for next season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Team for next season

Post by pedro »

The ones signing for the first team...can they do a job and get us into the top6?

If not we have gone back wards.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

How to stretch 140k to what we need :conf:

We need a fullback, centre and a prop imo. It's going to be hard to get these in of sufficent quality with just that sort of money to play with.

It may be that we will have run with a utility player if we can get one that maybe can cover both fullback and centre. i've got to say i'd be happy at the minute if we signed somebody like Brent Grose on peanuts. he's still not got a club and says he would come back over here if he got an offer. I reckon he'd come for about 30k. He can then cover both fb and centre so that at least gives us an option.

If we were then left with about 100-10k for a forward it again would probably be an overseas player unless lenagan was prepared to pay a fee which i doubt. I'm not sure about props that may be availible in the Nrl but if rumours that Pritchard was unhappy at Penrith were true i'd be in there like a shot and Coley would have to be a starting frontline prop.

Pull them 2 off and it would leave us a side of-

Grose
Calderwood
Goulding
Bailey
Richards
Barrett
Leuluai
Fielden
Higham
Coley
Pritchard
Hansen
O'Loughlin

subs
Paleaaesina
Prescott
Hock
McIlorum

with the likes of-

O'Carroll
Colbon
Tomkins
Coyle
Kavanagh

as back up. To me that looks a very good side but a side that would be up the creek if many injuries struck.At least the young kids we have will get another years experience.

FWIW i reckon Goulding and McIlorum are pretty much ready for fulltime superleague rugby(need the odd rest but may not get the chance).
adam

Post by adam »

if the cooper rumor is true then it will be

richard
calderwood
goulding
cooper
need a winger
barrett
leuleui
fielden
highum
feca
hock
bailey
o'loughlin

subs

coley
prescott
hansen
Michael Mcilorum
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From the current youngsters

O'Carrol, Prescott, Colbon, Goulding, JTomkins, McIlorum and Kavanagh are the ones that could definetly do well. TCoyle and Stanton could do BUT have to answer questions I would think. Flannagan worrys me. He plays beyond his physique and that may be part of the reason why he has been injured so often. Mossop has bags of potential BUT needs more experience. Sam Tomkins needs a year or two to physically develop.

Years off - Farrel, Ainscough, Holland Even further off BUT what I see seems special = Mellor

I do not think I have missed anybody out
topskin

Post by topskin »

besides the players who have all ready played 1st team stanton and reay must be given a try in pre season friendlys
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan posted:
Butt Monkey, Mano is virtually always correct.
I never trust ANYONE who is virtually always! You either are or are not - no in between for anyone who professes to be an "insider".
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nobody BUT those at the very top can be 100% correct. Sometimes the information comes from those within the club BUT even they get it wrong. One of my own examples. I was told by a player that we would be signing Leon Pryce from Bradford because he had been given a tour around the JJB etc. As we know that did not happen BUT the player told me in good faith.

Mano has told me so much that has turned out true. Indeed, I struggle to even recall one example where he got something wrong.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan posted:
Nobody BUT those at the very top can be 100% correct. Sometimes the information comes from those within the club BUT even they get it wrong. One of my own examples. I was told by a player that we would be signing Leon Pryce from Bradford because he had been given a tour around the JJB etc. As we know that did not happen BUT the player told me in good faith.
But Wigan were "gazumped", whilst MO was helping John Monie obtain the French National Coaching position, for a sum of (if I remember correctly) £10,000 per season, by the Stains. Another missed opportunity by our former Chairman, whose job was otherwise interrupted by outside influences.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
mano

Post by mano »

Whats up butt monkey you are getting upset over my info which by the way turn out to be true.ps there is a lot more i could tell you ie what the players get paid and were the money went this season but i don't want to put you in a bad mood so get a grip and grow up off on my holiday for 5 weeks in OZ when i know CP WIGAN will be the 1st to know take care and rap up when its pissing down.
Bear

Post by Bear »

For me AT THE MOMENT! WITH NO ROUMOUR SIGNINGS!

1. Richards
2. Calders
3. Bailey
4. Goulding
5. Colbon
6. Trent
7. Lu Lu
8. Stu
9. higham
10. Feka
11. Hock
12. coley
13. Lockers

14. O'carroll
15. Prescott
16. MCIllorum
17. Hansen
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!