score?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

score?

Post by warrior till i die »

does anyone know any score updates from todays game?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Uncle Fester

Re: score?

Post by Uncle Fester »

46 V 30 to Wigan
:D :D
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
sexy wigan babe

Post by sexy wigan babe »

duz any1 no score with wigan v london plz :exc:
WiGaN WaRrIoRs TiL I DiE !!!!!!!!!
sexy wigan babe

Post by sexy wigan babe »

duz any1 no score with wigan v london plz :exc:
WiGaN WaRrIoRs TiL I DiE !!!!!!!!!
wooder

Post by wooder »

46 ----30 to wigan
elizwigan

Post by elizwigan »

It was a very close match. love Kevin Brown Loadz :D
Eliz likes sum1 special

RIP Mike Gregory
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Does anyone have any details of who scored for Wigan?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
Does anyone have any details of who scored for Wigan?
http://www.wiganrl.com/home.html
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Sorry GeoffN, not on my machine, all I've got is the preview so none the wiser in Radio Leeds land
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Copied & Pasted -

Wigan got the moral boosting win they were looking for in their second pre-season game in five days against the London Broncos at Edge Hall Road. Wigan raced into a 12 nil lead before a Broncos fight back, but in the second half the Warriors stepped on the gas and eased into a comfortable position before the visitors rallied again late on.

It was the first opportunity for the home fans to see new boys Jerry Seuseu and David Vaealiki in a Wigan shirt.

Wigan broke the deadlock after just five minutes, Kevin Brown with the break from half way, he had Stephen Wild in support and the Warriors centre touched down for the first points, Danny Tickle added the conversion to make it 6-0.

The Warriors crossed again on 14 minutes, Orr with a short pass and Bryn Hargreaves made it 10-0, Tickle again added 12-0.

London hit back straight after with a Tyrone Smith try in the corner with what was their first real attack of the half, 12-4. Mark McLinden then broke free and showed a turn of pace to step round Kris Radlinski, this time Sykes added the goal 12-10.

The visitors added a third try on 29 minutes through Winger Lee Greenwood but the move should have been stopped some forty metres back, a Broncos player clearly in touch on the main stand side. Wigan themselves should have scored again before the break, David Vaealiki knocking on with the try line begging.

The Warriors started the second half brightly with just four minutes on the clock as the former Castleford duo of Orr and Godwin combined, Orr supplying the pass to send in the hooker for his second pre-season try, Tickle converted 18-14.

On 48 minutes, deputising as captain, Sean O'Loughlin stretched over after good work from Coyle and Hock and again Danny Tickle was accurate, 24-14 and Wigan were on their way to victory.

Stephen Wild broke free shortly after with Kris Radlinski in support for Wigan's fifth try and with the goal added London were left with far too much to do.

The procession continued as captain for the day Sean O'Loughlin scored out wide 34-14 and then Bob Beswick touched down on the very next attack as the visitors tired, 40-14 with Danny Tickles sixth conversion of the afternoon.

Credit to the Broncos they never gave up and came up with three late tries from Haumono, Adebisi and Peecham but it was too little too late to have a chance of winning the game for Tony Rea's side. Wigan crossed for the final try of the match in the last thirty seconds courtesy of Harrison Hansen and with Chris Melling adding the conversion it ended 46-30.

On the positive side Denis Betts confirmed no fresh injuries after the game which will be a huge relief to the Warriors fans with the new season now less than two
weeks away.

Scoresheet

5mins 4-0 Wild (T)
6mins 6-0 Tickle (G)
14 mins 10-0 Hargreaves (T)
14 mins 12-0 Tickle (G)
16 mins 12-4 Smith (T)
17 mins 12-8 McLinden (T)
17 mins 12-10 Sykes (G)
29 mins 12-14 Greenwood (T)
H/T
44 mins 16-14 Godwin (T)
44 mins 18-14 Tickle (G)
48 mins 22-14 O'Loughlin (T)
48 mins 24-14 Tickle (G)
53 mins 28-14 Radlinski (T)
53 mins 30-14 Tickle (G)
60 mins 34-14 O'Loughlin (T)
63 mins 38-14 Beswick (T)
63 mins 40-14 Tickle (G)
67 mins 40-18 Haumono (T)
67 mins 40-20 Sykes (G)
69 mins 40-24 Adebisi (T)
75 mins 40-28 Peecham (T)
75 mins 40-30 Purdham (G)
79 mins 44-30 Hansen (T)
79 mins 46-30 Melling (G)

Line Ups

Wigan Warriors: Kevin Brown, Martin Aspinwall, Harrison Hansen, Stephen Wild, Chris Melling, Danny Orr, Dennis Moran, Bryn Hargreaves, Wayne Godwin, Paul Prescott, Gareth Hock, Danny Tickle, Sean O'Loughlin
Subs: Jerry Seuseu, Bob Beswick, James Coyle, Desi Williams, David Allen, Liam Colbon, David Vaealiki, Kris Radlinski

London Broncos: Jon Wells, Bradley Qalilawa, Tyrone Smith, Paul Sykes, Lee Greenwood, Luke Dorn, Thomas Leuluai, Mark Tookey, Mark McLinden, Francis Stephenson, Lee Hopkins, Solomon Haumono, Rob Purdham
Subs: Zebastien Luisi, Mitchell Stringer, Filimone Lolohea, Anthony Armour, Ade Adebisi, Ian Lane, Michael Worrincy, Louis McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Gary Peecham