Hill to Widnes - possible new prop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Re: Hill to Widnes - possi...

Post by adrenalinxx »

The article in the WEP suggest that Wigan are looking for a second row to replace fletcher but I think if Wigan want to replace Fletcher they need to look for another prop since Fletcher spent most of his time last season playing as an extra prop.

Second row isn't a position were Wigan have too many problems;

- Hock is an outstanding player when he is on form.

-Hansen improved a lot in attack last season and his defence has always need excellent.

- Bailey is a very good second row, if Goulding finds form next season then Bailey could make a permanent
switch to second row.

- Tomkins very talent young player, his spell in the National League should have toughen him up a bit so he can prove cover if needed.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

on offical website hills released wonder who's being brought in?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I've always like the effort and endeavor shown by Danny Hill but he doesn't quite seem up to superleague rugby. He isn't big enough to play prop and isn't as good as Bailey, Hock, Hansen or Tomkins and we also have Mossop and Kavanagh who are better long term bets then Hill so it seems sensible to let him leave.

As for the money it frees up i would think he'd have been on 20-25k so that added to whatever else is left should be able to bring in half decent squad member. If it were up to me i reckon we need a utility player who can cover 6,7 and 9 although it's easier said then done finding one.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Scott Wheeldon

No chance. very good up and coming forward and hull will no way let him go.would be a brilliant move if it did happen..

more chance of King or Cavell than them letting Wheeldon go
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

pieater-alex posted:
So with Hill's departure and Nobby confirming he is looking to bring in a couple more players.

Who do you think it will be?

What position should we strengthen?

Will be looking for a replacement for Feka just in case??

I love the off season secretly

:D
on back of observer IL says theres enough money left for possibly one possibly two new players

frank pritchard? thats the latest name but its only off my mates dads old workmates friend so dont get to exited! :)
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

standishwarrior posted:
pieater-alex posted:
So with Hill's departure and Nobby confirming he is looking to bring in a couple more players.

Who do you think it will be?

What position should we strengthen?

Will be looking for a replacement for Feka just in case??

I love the off season secretly

:D
on back of observer IL says theres enough money left for possibly one possibly two new players

frank pritchard? thats the latest name but its only off my mates dads old workmates friend so dont get to exited! :)
If its off your mates dads old workmates it must be true
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Pritchard was mentioned a few week back but its highly unlikely.

I'm one prop away from thinking we have a very decent pack but i'm lost for names who wouldnt cast the earth.
thomo

Post by thomo »

A name for a prop - Hutch Maiava - has not contract for next year so is not in a position to command the earth - offer him £30K - in his position it is better then the dole
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Skerrett?

anyday
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Why is Hutch maiva suddenly the soution to all ours problems? he is total pants, he is a big lad who appears to lack heart, in my opinion (not that its worth anything) keep a space on the cap, someone always becomes availble mid season.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!