is this mike mclourms chance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mikey-warriors

is this mike mclourms chance

Post by mikey-warriors »

is this mike mclourms chance with the number 17 shirt hes the number 2 hooker what you rate him i think he has good qualities.
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

cpwigan

Re: is this mike mclourms chan...

Post by cpwigan »

Hi Mike welcome to the MB :lol:

Top tackler. Really hurtful. Great energy. Still needs to keep working on his game with ball in hand. Passing and running. He can go all the way.
andybailey147

Re: is this mike mclourms ...

Post by andybailey147 »

will he get the game time he needs though??
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Don't see why not.

We only have 2 hookers in the squad.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

As much as I lament the fact that we have Higham as senior hooker, I do look forward to seeing more of McIllorum this season.

He could get the no.9 shirt for 2009 if he has a good season - motivation enough for anyone.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i hope so, from what i saw of this lad last season he impressed me, he wasn't shy of work, and got through a ton of tackles in defence. His scoots were very damaging too. I think if i were noble i would make sure he works on ball skills. i think although we gained speed and dependibility when the newton higham swap took place one of the things we lost was newtons ball handling skills. Newton had excellent distribution from the ruck fast and accurate, he also was a great passer in play aswell.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Sry but i thought he was nothing more than ok last season. We became a better side when Millard was starting at hooker. Hes a good prospect but no where near been in the class of Higham.

And how much stick did Millard get last season on here. He does deserve a chance but he for me he is not good enough to replace Higham as main hooker.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I was very impressed with what I saw last season. I think we will go better with Higham and McIllorum than we did with Millard and Higham. For some bizarre reason it became about as unfashionable to criticise Millard as it is Lockers. He just wasn't up to the job any more.

Regardless of that debate I think McIllorum looked more capable of holding down a regular 1st team slot than Goulding and those two were IMO the only two who genuinely deserved promoting to the 1st 17 this season. With McIllorum he will play as 2nd hooker to Higham and so won't have to play the full 80 so from what I saw last season I think this is well within his capabilities.

I am more worried about Goulding being given the no. 3 jersey full-time than I am McIllorum taking over from Millard.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i think he will do well and working with micky higham wil only improve him as a player........
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash posted:
For some bizarre reason it became about as unfashionable to criticise Millard as it is Lockers.
It certainly isn't unfashionable to criticise Lockers. In fact it's something of a notice board pass-time! Re: Millard, I think people were just acknowledging that he played well in the fianal few rounds of the comp. Seems fair enough to me. I agree that McIlorum/Higham is a better proposition for this season though.
I can't imagine whewre you have gotten this idea from :eusa16: