Re: Your Favorite bands.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
emperorkel

Post by emperorkel »

Hi Doc

trying to rack my brains, where is the robin in bilston. wont give my age away but I remember seeing Roy Wood and Denny Laine (not together) at the Town Hall in Bilston and also spent many happy hours in the trumpet with slade and tommy burton. However the robin is not one I can remember
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Sutty posted:
I watched Little Angels at Liverpool Royal court years ago. The best live act I have seen so far though has to be Metallica, I've seen them 5 times and they get better every time. Although for sheer entertainment, U2 at Roundhey park in Leeds in 1991 on the Zoo tv tour takes some beating. Slayer were surprisingly dissapointing when I watched them at Donnington Monsters of Rock in 1995.
I've been disappointed with Metallica over the years, seen them a few times and certainly around the early 90's they were getting a bit pedestrian compared to their earlier years. Although the fact their music got worse after Master of Puppets didn't help...!

I saw Slayer in Manchester back in 1987, probably the most brain-hurting concert I ever went to. The sound was very intense, they'd got it just right that night.

Next concerts I've got coming up are the final ever shows by The Mission, 4 nights in London at the end of February when they'll play music from a different album each night. Been my favourite band since the mid-80's, the final night might be a bit of a sad occasion.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

just got my tickets for kylie wooohhhhhhhhho role on july 6 rows from the front :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
doc

Post by doc »

trying to rack my brains, where is the robin in bilston. wont give my age away but I remember seeing Roy Wood and Denny Laine (not together) at the Town Hall in Bilston and also spent many happy hours in the trumpet with slade and tommy burton. However the robin is not one I can remember
The original Robin was somewhere else in Wolverhampton. Venue is actually called the Robin 2. Its on Mount pleasant opposite the nick, just round the corner from the sports centre. Two of the bars are called Woodys bar and Noddys Bar. Only been down here for a couple of years so don't know any of the history of the place.

Its a really good venu and has some great bands on.

Check out the website

http://www.therobin.co.uk/
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder posted:
just got my tickets for kylie wooohhhhhhhhho role on july 6 rows from the front :lol:
naughty boy mike but what a but
emperorkel

Post by emperorkel »

thanks doc

used to be the drill hall in my day but to be honest its been 15 years since I went back to my home town and I guess a lot has changed, someone told me most houses there nowhave inside toilets, progress I suppose
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

medlocke posted:
here are mine.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Frank Zappa
Allman Brothers Band (in this order)

(No order)
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Neil Young
Rahsaan Roland Kirk
Kiss
Freddie King
Aerosmith
Molly Hatchet
Marshall Tucker Band
John Coltrane
Iron Maiden
Son House
Dio
Wishbone Ash
Grand Funk Railroad
Elf
Five Horse Johnson
James Gang
Cannonball Adderly
Elmore James
Suicidal Tendencies
Fu Manchu
Albert Collins
New Riders of the Purple Sage
Spooky Tooth
Eloy
Armored Saint

to name but a few

good stuff there mate. do you get fireworks mag? good read if you can get it. it's in smiths.[/quote]
Campions of the rugby world.
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Sutty posted:
I watched Little Angels at Liverpool Royal court years ago. The best live act I have seen so far though has to be Metallica, I've seen them 5 times and they get better every time. Although for sheer entertainment, U2 at Roundhey park in Leeds in 1991 on the Zoo tv tour takes some beating. Slayer were surprisingly dissapointing when I watched them at Donnington Monsters of Rock in 1995.
went to that. mate left me and had to hitch a ride home at 1am. can you believe one of my best mates picked me up! didn't even now he was at the gig! what luck. metallica are very good live. Type o negative's early stuff for me though, bloody kisses is my most listened to song/album in my collection.
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Lancashire hotpots...

posted a while about these chaps. good listen
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Sutty posted:
I have to say, there are a lot of posters on this site with a fantastic taste in music. I know it's each to his own, but I'm glad to see virtually no boy bands or "manufactured" bands.

Give me heavy metal / Rock anytime. If it's not got drums and geeeetars I don't want to listen to it.

And just to confirm what Mr Partin has already posted, Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd is IMO one of the best songs ever recorded. If anyone has got the PULSE DVD from Earls Court, when they perform it and the enormous glitter ball opens up above the crowd is amazing, right in the middle of a mind blowing guitar solo.
Sorry I've started rambling on, I get quite excited when talking about great music. :blush: :lol:
Good lad! those not fortunate enough to have seen the Pulse DVD watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MLxgkiPNg
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."