5000 new supporters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: 5000 new supporters

Post by cpwigan »

No longer free but kid for a quid. Seem harder to obtain on a regular basis. What tended to happen was for a poorly attended game you would suddenly get some tickets sent to be distributed. It used to be very late in the week so say Fisher being on the club's doorstep would get some.
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

cant beat it live
BriH

Post by BriH »

I haven't read all of the postings, but what I have read, indicate to me there is a wealth of ideas from you, the Fans! Let's hope Joe Lydon et al read them as well. I think good marketing is the key to increasing attendances. The product doesn't need to be sold to The Converted - we already know that.
A few years back I wrote to ML with similar ideas: he did reply and said he would pass them to the Marketing people.
Perhaps one of this website administrators could try and summarise all of this and write to Ian Lenagan.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan posted:
Bolton/Horwich/Adlington/Chorley/Leyland/Parbold+surrounding hamlets/Skelmersdale
Parbold is a saturated market - thats where my folks live!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

Morph posted:
No longer free but kid for a quid. Seem harder to obtain on a regular basis. What tended to happen was for a poorly attended game you would suddenly get some tickets sent to be distributed. It used to be very late in the week so say Fisher being on the club's doorstep would get some.
This was how I started watching matches getting a few free tickets from school and dragging my dad along, it hooked me!
Same here started watching it live when kids came back with free ticket, even though watched it on tv for years.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I think this is a great idea and is achievable againest teams like GAINTS and DRAGONS. When the North stand is no being used. If wigan were to give each season ticket holder a free ticket then the people in the South Stand can choose to sit in the North stand with the PAC for that gane if they so wish.

The club could also sell 6 game game packs. I know they sell half season ticket but if you can not go to every game you could buy a 6 pack of tickets that allow you to go to 6 game of your choice through out the season. it may take some organising but you would have to say to the people who buy the ticket pack that they must register for a ticket a week before the game to garntee avalabilty.

In the short term- Charge away fans more money allowing price reduction for Home fans. I am sick of going to place like London and Hull paying £18 and £20 a ticket and they pay us £15. Charge the away fans the same price they charge us for going to their standium.

I other way to increase attendances is to have games on a Sunday afternoon again. When most people are off work from the weekend and a bigger away following may come to the JJB. Espeacial for the Yorkshire teams who are not that well followed over the pennies now.

Sell ticket to business. Not just corporate ticket but normal ground ticket for their staff to go and watch a few games a season. This may get some of the staff buying tickets the season after.

Nothing increases the crowd in wigan like silver ware. Unfortunatly in St Helen this seems to do the Opposite. If wigan win a cup or start going on an unbeaten run then the crowd will go up a few thousand. If you look back to the end of the great escpae (2006 season) the last few home games more and more people were coming to watch.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

wiggydoran posted:

I other way to increase attendances is to have games on a Sunday afternoon again. When most people are off work from the weekend and a bigger away following may come to the JJB. Espeacial for the Yorkshire teams who are not that well followed over the pennies now.
Some good ideas there, but not this one. Fridays were by far the most popular time when the questionnaires were sent out at the start of SL, and that was reinforced at last week's meeting at the Deanery, when it was voted on again.

No good gaining a few hundred away supporters at the expense of a few thousand home fans.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I also don't think raising prices for away fans is a good idea. Wigan have the greatest following of support wherever we play away - we need to encourage away supporters to come to the JJB on fridays and saturdays. Its the clubs like bradford and Leeds that can potentially bring an extra 500-1000 fans with them. I have been disappointed with their numbers. Cats and Quins are understandable. Wolves and Saints fill the North frequently so they arent the problem. It is middle of road teams like Huddersfield, Wakefield and now Castleford that we need to encourage those supporters to come. Even 100 more Giants fans would be be a huge impact.

How many other clubs have partnerships with coach firms like Frasier Eagle? (Grayways, finches, consiglieres...) etc...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the 4 matches v the same team could as Joe Lydon suggested and initiated when Wigan played Quins be used as a way of have deals that attract supporters of those clubs to all 4 matches.