super league season preview on sky now

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

super league season preview on sky now

Post by mike binder »

wigan have just made the 6 and cullen still complaining about having up to 10 players out at 1 time ,does he include the accadamy and reserves players in this ,because im sure they never had that many first team players out .Did he give a dam the year b4 when we had up to 6 or 7 out think the answer is NO
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
highland convert

Re: super league season pr...

Post by highland convert »

For those that missed NG 1.o'clock show on Mon at 11.00am set your recorders now :roll:
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

What is Anderson moaning about?? he states St Helens had 70 ganes lastyear?!????!!!! did they play in a diferrent league to us? we only had 27 league games lastyear!! did they have to play 43 games to get to the challenge cup final??

He is a really good choice as Stains Coach as i hate him as much as the rest of them!!

p.s. nice touch at the end showing it was in memory of Mike Gregory
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Sky Sports HD1 tonight at 5PM is showing RL tries repeated again tomorrow and wednesday
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Sky Sports 1 today not HD1
repeated tomorrow
1-00am sky sports 3
6-30 am sky sports 2
9-00 am sky sports 1
Wednesday
3-30 am sky sports 3
7-30 am sky sports 1
4-00 pm sky sports 3
9-30 pm sky sports 3
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

I thought there was way too much chat and not enough action. Cullen was particularly boring. In the great tradition of Warrington coaches (Tony Barrow springs to mind immediately), all he did throughout was complain about their injuries. We suffered a dire injury situation a year earlier, but I never remember anything comparable to his whingeing.

As for the rest of it, Sky's idea of action seems to be quick-fire, tightly-edited sequences, with the camera always close to the action. Sorry, but I prefer the old BBC method, where you feature a succession of tries, all shot from high up, with the entire build-up to each try also included. It may make the game seem slightly slower, but it would have been far more rewarding for the armchair fan.

The Beeb treated RL like a joke and I'd sooner have Sky any day, but that doesn't mean that everything they do is right, as programmes like this tend to show.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Cruncher posted:
I thought there was way too much chat and not enough action.
I've got to agree, I didn't really see what the point was of showing Angela Powers driving around different places, and the structure seemed a bit strange with stuff like the Paul Cooke "transfer" saga being raised several times instead of being dealt with in one segment. Not great, but at least they managed to find a few minutes to fit in some other sport in the middle of the otherwise seemingly endless soccer coverage...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

.....do we have any Mods who can issue "typing whilst under the influence" penalties!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

WxmWarrior posted:
.....do we have any Mods who can issue "typing whilst under the influence" penalties!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt the spelling today would be any different to any other time of the year. Some people don't need to be under the influence of anything to start typing weird stuff... :lol:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

They only showed the crowd shots once and that was of me going crazy after Hansens try at odsal.

:D