Farrell leaving good for both him and Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Farrell leaving good f...

Post by mrs_carney »

I think its good what the aussies are doing, making a retirement fund thing for players who refuse union and stay with league.
Another thing i thought faz was meant to be making a decision about 2 weeks ago, surely its not that hard......old challenge.......new challenge
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Andrew Farrell is and has been a superb ambassador to Wigan and Rugby league in general. If he wants to go to rugby union then we as Wigan fans should back that decision. He has done everything possible to help this club win trophies and he fully deserves all the accolades he has won. I would much rather he go to rugby union than leave us for another rugby league club. Anyway no decision has been made so instead of moaning support his decision even though it will be the hardest thing we will have to do as Wigan fans. He is one of the loyalist players I have seen at Wigan.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

hayley 04 posted:
Andrew Farrell is and has been a superb ambassador to Wigan and Rugby league in general. If he wants to go to rugby union then we as Wigan fans should back that decision.
What for? It is detrimental to Wigan that he leave at the moment. I won't back anything I think is detrimental for the club and him leaving (and the club letting him leave - it's not down to him if he stays or goes) is against the clubs interest. I don't care who is involved and what they have done in the past. If they do something detrimental to the club NOW they won't get my support.
He is one of the loyalist players I have seen at Wigan.
He has a strange way of showing it walking out on a six year one million pound contract he was quite happy to sign two years early.

Dave
Welski

Post by Welski »

DaveO posted:
gab0512 posted:
So come on Faz get a grip and let us know.
Agreed. It has gone on long enough.

Leave it Dave its not worth it mate. Come on now I'll get you a cab. :wink:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
hayley 04 posted:
Andrew Farrell is and has been a superb ambassador to Wigan and Rugby league in general. If he wants to go to rugby union then we as Wigan fans should back that decision.
What for? It is detrimental to Wigan that he leave at the moment. I won't back anything I think is detrimental for the club and him leaving (and the club letting him leave - it's not down to him if he stays or goes) is against the clubs interest. I don't care who is involved and what they have done in the past. If they do something detrimental to the club NOW they won't get my support.
He is one of the loyalist players I have seen at Wigan.
He has a strange way of showing it walking out on a six year one million pound contract he was quite happy to sign two years early.

Dave

Yes spot on. Its amazing how loyal a player is when a few extra notes are put in front of him. Loyalty is a very rare commodity in these days.

Players like O'Connor, Cassidy were loyal to the club and left when the club wanted them to go. A contract should be honored by both parties and not torn up when it suits.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

why did the club let R.U.talk to him in the first place . Loyalty works both ways
Warriors_ace_17

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

WOW you sure cant have an opinion on this board!!!!

I aint even gunna begin to reply to what you said, if you aint aloud to have your own opinions!!
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

debate is all about having opinions. just because they differ doesn,t make it wrong. opinions are always relevant to to the beholder whether they are right or wrong. i,m starting to sound like a teacher ...........HELP :o
Warriors_ace_17

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

If only you could do that on this board, rather than being completely criticised for your opinions
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Warriors_ace_17 posted:
If only you could do that on this board, rather than being completely criticised for your opinions
No-one's criticising your opinions, we're just offering alternative viewpoints. You're more than welcome to rip anything we've said to pieces as well, so long as you can back up what you're saying. It'd be a boring place if we all agreed with each other, but none of us know the full picture of anything. People who've played the game have a different perspective than people who look at the commercial side of things or the management perspective. None of us knows everything.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]