Any Stephen King fans?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mrs Lifter

Re: Any Stephen King fans?

Post by Mrs Lifter »

No King has never wrote a bad line,but i prefer vintage King.The Stand is incredible more like Clive Barkers metaphysical novels,Weaveworld and The great and secret show I allso feel that the Dark tower books are head and shoulders above some of his more recent stuff.
If other dimension type stuff appeals try Scarlett Thomas "The end of Mr.Y" evan if like me you have to Google Derrida while reading it to get some of the philosophy references its still a cracking good story.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

God posted:
Is that Geoffry Deaver, Stephen King or Elmour Lenoard Josie?

Either way you have very good taste, if its Deaver your talking about you will apperciate how much a great writer he is. I am mystified how only one of his books has been adapted into a film, the Lincon Rhyme books are too good for words.

The Empty chair is my all time fave book :D :D even if your only reading you can feel the intensity of the characters hes writing about.
Jeffrey Deaver, only like Kings older stuff don't know Elmour Lenoard?? :doz:

Love the Bone Collector and the Stone Monkey, Lee Childs has a character called Jack Reacher, like Deaver has Lincoln Rhyme
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

josie andrews posted:
God posted:
Has Steven King ever wrote a bad book? :doz:

I dont think he has, there all classics. You cant go wrong with any book written by him.

For crime novels Jeffery Deaver is the best around bar none.

The Bone Collector was made into a film, classic film too.
The Empty Chair is also an awsome book, every book he writes has a huge twist at the end.

For other crime novels Elmour Leanord is also a very good writer, get em checked out especially Jeffery Deaver. :D
Yes he is a good writer have nearly all his books I really love thrillers Harlan Coben Stephen Leather and Lee Childs are just some I have read. Have just finished reading Frederick Forsythe's "The Afghan", that was a great read as well :)
I have read 3 books of Stephen Leather the ones with Dan Shepard in them ( HARD LANDING, SOFT TARGET ECT). I have enjoyed them and was wondering if you have read any ones outside the Dan Shepard series, are they any good?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

W1GANER posted:
josie andrews posted:
God posted:
Has Steven King ever wrote a bad book? :doz:

I dont think he has, there all classics. You cant go wrong with any book written by him.

For crime novels Jeffery Deaver is the best around bar none.

The Bone Collector was made into a film, classic film too.
The Empty Chair is also an awsome book, every book he writes has a huge twist at the end.

For other crime novels Elmour Leanord is also a very good writer, get em checked out especially Jeffery Deaver. :D
Yes he is a good writer have nearly all his books I really love thrillers Harlan Coben Stephen Leather and Lee Childs are just some I have read. Have just finished reading Frederick Forsythe's "The Afghan", that was a great read as well :)
I have read 3 books of Stephen Leather the ones with Dan Shepard in them ( HARD LANDING, SOFT TARGET ECT). I have enjoyed them and was wondering if you have read any ones outside the Dan Shepard series, are they any good?
Can't remember, read a lot, but have read the ones above plus The Long Shot, The Double Tap,
The Bombmaker, Cold Kill and just bought his latest Dead Men, that is Dan Shepherd again not started that yet. I also like Wilbur Smith, he also does different series as well. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan