lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
andycap

lockers

Post by andycap »

did anyone see lockers apparently being given an injection behind the posts after bradford scored - after we scored he then wentv to the side line and was examined by the doctor
GeoffN

Re: lockers

Post by GeoffN »

andycap wrote:did anyone see lockers apparently being given an injection behind the posts after bradford scored - after we scored he then wentv to the side line and was examined by the doctor
Couldn't see very well from where I was, but it looked like he got a smack in the mouth.
andycap

Post by andycap »

he got a bad bang leasding upto bradfords try in the second half the phsio wanted him to come off and appeared to give him an injection behind the posts. The water guy came on and follwed him around the pitch for 5 or 6 tackles trying to get him off - after we scored he went to be examined by the doctor - i hope hes not broken anything but it was clear there was a lot of concern
phibes

Post by phibes »

He went high into a tackle trying to wrap up the player with both arms and the Bradford guy's head hit him in the mouth. He received a lot of attention including an injection after they scored. At first, I thought he'd broken his jaw or at least cut the inside of his mouth or lost some teeth.

Hopefully it's nothing serious
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

He's got 4 stitches under his chin, nothing serious. I must admit my heart was in my mouth when he went down though.

For me he was MOM. The penalty for incorrect POTB was garbage and the other penalty incident he was involved in was down to Goulding, not Locky. However, when sky choose to zoom in on him after the incident people jump to the wrong conclusion.

Yet again another 80 minute performance - I don't know how he does it. Also, in terms of leadership, taking a blow like that and getting back up is better than any amount of tongue lashing behind the posts IMO.
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

I thought lockers could do with a stint on the bench, Hock and Hansen plus Bailey coming back would be my preferred option. Lockers is just tackling, with no creativity so why not have another second row on?

I dont think lockers or Barrett are particulary setting the world on fire at the moment.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

MarkWestStand wrote:I thought lockers could do with a stint on the bench, Hock and Hansen plus Bailey coming back would be my preferred option. Lockers is just tackling, with no creativity so why not have another second row on?

I dont think lockers or Barrett are particulary setting the world on fire at the moment.
When does he ever, all he does is tackle, surely we deserve a loose forward who can break a tackle and become a little creative when needed, Would love to see how Hansen went in that position for a few games
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy wrote:He's got 4 stitches under his chin, nothing serious. I must admit my heart was in my mouth when he went down though.

For me he was MOM. The penalty for incorrect POTB was garbage and the other penalty incident he was involved in was down to Goulding, not Locky. However, when sky choose to zoom in on him after the incident people jump to the wrong conclusion.

Yet again another 80 minute performance - I don't know how he does it. Also, in terms of leadership, taking a blow like that and getting back up is better than any amount of tongue lashing behind the posts IMO.
I do think that Leuluai's kicking and general play was better but for defencive and leadership qualities at the moment hes excellent.

As for people jumping on the badwagon. Some cant give praise when its so obviously deserved and as for Hansen to play at loose. Hes the same type of player. Some just dont like the guy nevermind what he does.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jinkin jimmy wrote:He's got 4 stitches under his chin, nothing serious. I must admit my heart was in my mouth when he went down though.

medlocke wrote:
MarkWestStand wrote:I thought lockers could do with a stint on the bench, Hock and Hansen plus Bailey coming back would be my preferred option. Lockers is just tackling, with no creativity so why not have another second row on?

When does he ever, all he does is tackle, surely we deserve a loose forward who can break a tackle and become a little creative when needed, Would love to see how Hansen went in that position for a few games
thegimble wrote:

I do think that Leuluai's kicking and general play was better but for defencive and leadership qualities at the moment hes excellent.

As for people jumping on the badwagon. Some cant give praise when its so obviously deserved and as for Hansen to play at loose. Hes the same type of player. Some just dont like the guy nevermind what he does.
:angry: I'm am not going there you all know how I feel about the
Lockers Knockers I'm keeping stum :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan