Awful Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Awful Game

Post by ancientnloyal »

Pathetic! and it isnt even over yet! Glad I didnt go

[hr]

Wigan R.L. Since -1984-
Central Park 1986 - 1999
And Seen It All
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Re: Awful Game

Post by medlocke »

Yep, Ganson spoiled the entire feel of the game with all those penaltys at the start of the game, i reckon it also put the team of their game plan, fair enough we probably still would have lost, but maybe we would have played better, Steve ganson you're chuffin' muppet
a-true-warrior

Post by a-true-warrior »

yep agree with you totally too many stupid penalties and i reckon mathers will get a 2 match ban if not more and barret get one and with saints coming up i think we have played awful

[hr]
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

no pack effort at all, only one player to me was trying his heart out and that was Hock, Olochlin was appalling as a captain he should be taking the lead in the pack to show the rest the way forward, Barrett did nothing all game but to be fair if the pack isnt working then the backs havent got any room to move.

We will beat huddersfield next week but i think the stains game will be the same game as this.

Noble has a lot of soul searching to do and needs to clean up the penalty count, we need to complete our sets of six and grind out the win just like we did against bradford!

There are no easy fixes to today we will lose at least 2 players for next week and probably the stains game as well.

On another note it was good to see mathers concern over Side show bob that might just play in his favour when he goes before the board at red hall.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Not many good points to take from that disgrace,

Apart from Hoch had a good game

Bout time some of the so called good players started earning their crust,

Get some of the young lads in next week like S Tomkins etc,

[hr]
We all hate saints

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

medlocke wrote:Yep, Ganson spoiled the entire feel of the game with all those penaltys at the start of the game, i reckon it also put the team of their game plan, fair enough we probably still would have lost, but maybe we would have played better, Steve ganson you're chuffin' muppet
as soon as i heard Ganson was going to referee the match you just knew that it was going to be stop start, a muppet he truly is!!!!!!!!!!!
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

the wire fans have never been any different, the only difference is that before they havent been anywhere near winning a bit of silverware, i hate the stains fans but i can remember a lot more trouble in the past at wire games than any other team.

Especially the bottle throwing that used to go on at there old ground not to mention the ones filled with urine!!!!!!!!!
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

The fans thing concerns me too, i think its the same with cas. Theres gonna be big trouble at a game with them i think.

Had cas fans trying to start a fight outside game at jjb, some were forming scrums and charging through wigan fans, mainly old ones and one with kids to try and get reaction from people around.

Tonights game was a joke, we just didnt turn up. Were all the pens needed to be given both ways.As soon as he gave all pens at start he made a hole for himself as he had to give them all time. I also though i lot of pens came as we were just getting momentum but thats no excuse.

On the plus side it was still a better game than the england scotland one
turf

Post by turf »

Ganson tonight was giving penalties out tonight like this was his last ever game in SL before he retires.

An absolute shambles tonight from Mr Ganson!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
loyal

Post by loyal »

Your all gonna get on my back for this but I don't see why it was Ganson's fault. I hate ganson like anyone else in superleague, but he was stamping down his authority as a referee with giving penalties (which were penalties). Wigan really need to improve their discipline if we want to progress in superleague. We could have easily won that game if we didnt give away rubbish penalties for holding down, offsides. You don't even see them in Under 13s rugby.

Off that subject... I thought Stuart Fielden played out of his skin today. Didnt make one mistake, penalty, ..
Same for Gaz Hock.

Both players outstanding. Just hope the rest of the team realise that ill discipline loses matches.

[hr]
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **