Best news this year!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Best news this year!

Post by medlocke »

Hock can turn a game around with his bararging runs he breaks tackles like they are going out of fashion and he also has an offload to his game, where as 9 times out of ten lockers is tackled in possesion or throws out a ****** pass to fresh air, i would have no problem with Lockers if he was stripped of the captaincy, added 15 to 20 lbs and moved to the 2nd row and use him for his defencive work, then move Hock to Loose Forward

Edited by Fraggle - please do not use abusive language.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

medlocke wrote:move Hock to Loose Forward

:craz:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think we may be giving long contracts at a reduced rate , the player gets security we get a little more cap space , I think he is a good player and I am quite glad about this news.

02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx wrote:Wigan have signed other players on similar contracts in past few years with the aim of building nucleus of the squad. Gareth Hock, Feka and Harrison Hansen were all given 4 years contracts.
Those contracts were given out by the old regime. I think Feka's and Hansens were part of the deferred payments thing.

Lockers contract is from the new regime which is an important difference.
Sean has done equally well if not better than some of those players so why should he not get a 4 years contract, after all Gareth Hock did nothing in the squad for 2 years and still got a 4 year contract.
I can't see how contracts dished out by the previous regime should be used as a yardstick for ones dished out now.

As to Hock He was poor last season but seems back to his best and in the tri-nations was arguably Britain's best player. He is IMO a better player than Lockers. I don't have a problem with Hock getting a long deal save the possible complacency risk but I can't say the same for Feka, Hansen or Lockers.

Dave