Fielden referred to the disciplinary panel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Fielden referred to the disciplinary panel

Post by DaveO »

Stuart Fielden (Wigan Warriors) – alleged raised knee in tackle.

This is the first stage of proceedings in that they may just say he has no case to answer but did anyone who went notice a problem?

Also:

Darrell Griffin (Huddersfield Giants) alleged raised knee in tackle and alleged abuse of match official (two separate charges).

Alleged abuse? From what I have read there was no "alleged" about it.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Re: Fielden referred to the di...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I didn't see it.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:( Something that Fielden has fallen foul of before. Given both players have been charged with that offence I presume it must be a Cummings inspired purge.
Nine

Post by Nine »

Tommy got spear-tackled, although I think it was accidental. His legs we well above the vertical, yet no mention from the judiciary. If Trent could get told off and fined £300 for a totally accidental "dangerous throw" how come the Hudds tacklers aren't having to explain themselves?

On Stu Fielden - if the ref saw nothing and the opposition haven't seen fit to complain, then unless it is seriously malicious or very dangerous play I think the judiciary should leave well alone. At worst they should just write a letter to the bloke to be more careful in future. In this case I was there and don't remember any problem with Stu's play at all.
Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nine did you watch Boots n All last week. Stuart Cummings was on the programme defending his referees. He said something like they are often in a better position and can see what the camera cannot when excusing Thaler for awarding his penalty try to Wakefield.

Very contradictory that Cummings believes referees are better positioned to see what happens yet he has a judiciary system where trial by TV is common place.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I ddin't see anything untoward from Fielden, and I don't remember any reaction from any Huddersfield player, or the ref, at the time.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

After reading the sky sports news report on this it looks to me like there making work themselves then they can pat each other on the back saying well done mate :conf:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 17,00.html
jammie

Post by jammie »

what are they trying to prove by watching every game ,and dragging all and sundrey over the coals for indidents that don't exist.if the match officals don't see it and the other teams don't make a complaint then they are only makeing themselves look stupid.don't know if the people on the panel have even played the game,but i would strongly recommend that if they love the game and it's not just a job that the rfl find more useful ways to fill the panels working day,or just give them all the sack !!!!
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

josie andrews

Re: Fielden referred to the disciplinary panel

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:Stuart Fielden (Wigan Warriors) – alleged raised knee in tackle.

This is the first stage of proceedings in that they may just say he has no case to answer but did anyone who went notice a problem?

Also:

Darrell Griffin (Huddersfield Giants) alleged raised knee in tackle and alleged abuse of match official (two separate charges).

Alleged abuse? From what I have read there was no "alleged" about it.

Dave
What is the difference between grade B and grade C for the same offence? Darrel Griffith is the B, Fielden is C :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Re: Fielden referred to the disciplinary panel

Post by mike binder »

the most punished is a A (mathers last week)which will be heavily punished then a B and C(barrett last week) and so on C norm slap on wrist and a written warning
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME