Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

Re: Lockers

Post by gillysmyhero »

If i was a Wigan born and bred, young up and coming player i wouldnt want to player for Wigan,because you seem to get slated and blamed for everything that goes wrong in the team.Why is their not a thread about every other player who is not performing so far this season. :conf: :angry: :angry:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I find it strange that many of the people who have been complaining about Colbon, Goulding and O'Loughlin are the same people who complained about Wigan selling players like Robinson, Wild, Hodgeson and Aspinwall.

Noble is showing faith in the youngster and the Wigan lads which is want everyone wanted when Noble took over as coach.
kris_roy

Post by kris_roy »

MrDave wrote:I find it strange that many of the people who have been complaining about Colbon, Goulding and O'Loughlin are the same people who complained about Wigan selling players like Robinson, Wild, Hodgeson and Aspinwall.

Noble is showing faith in the youngster and the Wigan lads which is want everyone wanted when Noble took over as coach.
i agree dave keeping faith is the only way in which young talent can develop into the first team and prove themselves, im not saying get rid of oloughlin by no means he's valuable to the team although could make himself more available in attack or as they say "put bodies into motion" and go on dummy runs, but saying that all the team could benefit from this which would eventually lead to better line breaks and more tires being scored. anyways i think taking the captaincy from his would allow him to concentrate more on his own game and allow him to develop his game first and then the possibilty of allowing his to develop his captaincy when he is reaching his peak
BORN WIGAN,
LIVE WIGAN,
DIE WIGAN!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

gillysmyhero wrote:If i was a Wigan born and bred, young up and coming player i wouldnt want to player for Wigan,because you seem to get slated and blamed for everything that goes wrong in the team.Why is their not a thread about every other player who is not performing so far this season. :conf: :angry: :angry:
Or maybe your just gurning because your favourite player is not as well liked as you thought he was :eusa16:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Today. Lockers pulleda brilliant blindside move but then seemed to get injured. I am convinced he hurt himself v Saints (Shoulder/Sternum area) and today was taken off in the first half. He came on in the last 15 minutes. It may be better to rest him when possible and give Tomkins a game.

I thought Tomkins did well today BUT he will have to play brilliantly to get any recognition from Wigan supporters as he is disliked/not rated by many.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

He made the initial break for the last try he drew the cover in passed to Goulding and he offloaded to Calders .
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be fair that last try was down to Goulding all the way.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

All i will say Lockers had a hand in it Goulding made the final pass as the replay will prove.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

O'Loughlin created the space for that try as he did twice against Huddersfield in the last four minutes...yet he received no credit.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrDave wrote:I find it strange that many of the people who have been complaining about Colbon, Goulding and O'Loughlin are the same people who complained about Wigan selling players like Robinson, Wild, Hodgeson and Aspinwall.
That is a bit of a sweeping generalisation.
I want Wigan to be successful and I don't care where the players come from provided we do not have legions of foreign players in the side (i.e. we stick to the overseas quota). We need to take the best players available on and not be distracted by trying to build a Wigan team of Wigan lads.

Perhaps because I hold that view I don't see it as a great necessity that Noble show faith in local lads if they are not up to it. Perhaps this is also why I can't understand the unswerving loyalty some posters show to Lockers regarding the captaincy, making up any number of excuses as to why he should remain captain.

As a player he is OK. Not great, not bad. Today when he was on the pitch he did OK but I can't say I noticed his absence when he was off the pitch injured. Did anyone?

Dave