Wakefield Review

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrDave

Wakefield Review

Post by MrDave »

Poor conditions and poor rugby by both side, not really worth getting wet for but at least Wigan won.

Coley, Mcilorum and Richards all played well, O'Loughlin Colbon, Goulding and Higham were all quite poor.
MrsFeka

Re: Wakefield Review

Post by MrsFeka »

Well im glad i couldnt make it then!!! Glad we won though and looking forward to going to leeds
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought goulding was one of the better players in termsof yardsgained etc. the dropped pass was a bad pass andhe may have been shocked to be given the ball. Phil Bailey kills any play outside him.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Bailey wasn't great...forget to mention Tomkins played well when he was on the pitch.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I believe in Tomkins. He has the physique and lots of ability. Just needs a regular chance.

What did people think of Higham? is it me or is he a bit stupid. We had the game won and he's telling the players to hurry up for a quick tap on the 20. At that stage we should be eating time. He's then stood on the edge of the penalty box. Gave a few penalties away too.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:I believe in Tomkins. He has the physique and lots of ability. Just needs a regular chance.

What did people think of Higham? is it me or is he a bit stupid. We had the game won and he's telling the players to hurry up for a quick tap on the 20. At that stage we should be eating time. He's then stood on the edge of the penalty box. Gave a few penalties away too.
I thought he was quite poor today, we looked to have a lot more spark when McIlorum was on.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I thought Baily was r-reet it was a hard battle in the forwards , Tomkins looks good to me think in dry conditions running off Barrett he could do some damage Coley was solid in fact we didn't concede a try which does not happen much these days , bet DW loved the state of the pitch :)
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
botica

Post by botica »

Tommy was great and i thought Fielden had a better game than in recent weeks. Yes he did even though most of you have already wrote him off!! He man marked Scully(still tackles high) througout and i thought given the conditions they defended ace. 24 tackles on the bounce on the line in that second half. I held my breath for most of them. Just lacked that little spark that makes a win a great win, but the weather poss put it out! I am still freezing...
We took a blanket and my daughter decided to sit behind me and wouldn't/couldn't share!! I would have been a bad mum to take it off her! Her little face was blue!! Good atmosphere 2nd half in south! Keep it up lads at the back..

Another two valuable points to put in the bank though and thats what counts!!!! :)
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have given up on him Bots. I thought his first drive was hugely impressive or am I being silly and mistook the worlds highest paid prop forward for a rag doll being dragged backwards 10 yards.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I think tomkins, carmont and mcillorum were our better players. Coley did make some good runs, tackles and offloads but far to many times he was almost walking the ball in.
Tomkins was running the ball at pace and running inbetween players instead of straight at them.

Lockers in all fairness played better then he normally does. Few errors which were only because he was hitting the gap at pace which is a good thing. Few penalties though which isnt acceptable but some good line defence.

Higham is just not with it at the moment, the game takes a turn for the worst when he comes on and just gives away stupid penalties.

Colbon was a bit shakey tonight and almost blew us getting the ball back when he just left it.
Carmont was good when he got the ball and seemed our only creative player.

Im sick of wigans " very creative " inside ball, which players run back into the markers at sloth pace.

Fielden did play better then he usually does, didnt notice any penalties, but still not making enough yards imo
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."