Dwain Chambers to sign for Castleford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
MrDave

Dwain Chambers to sign for Castleford

Post by MrDave »

Nope it's not April 1st he really could be playing for Castleford Tigers in a few weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 319868.stm
the big i

Re: Dwain Chambers to sign for...

Post by the big i »

I couldn't belive this when i 1st read it! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Neither could I, but on watching the televised game tonight Bill Arthur commented on it that he had signed
(I think thats what he said) :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

mentioned it every 2 minutes on the radio, talk about Wigan hatred, heard more about Dwayne than the match
botica

Post by botica »

Well if anyone gives him space, they have had it! Wonder what he is like under a high bomb though.. Could be interesting!!
My son's team signed a real fast lad a couple of seasons ago, he scored in every game til half way through on the return visit they remembered him and double marked him!! Still scores full length ones but not as many. I remember them kicking from the back of a scrum and he almost beat the ball.... :wink:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

His American Football career never took off because he couldn't catch. Despite his pace he wasn't even good enough for the NFL Europe side Hamburg Sea Devils.
jame1

Post by jame1 »

His first game will be interesting.I remember Macdonald Bailey signing for Leigh, there were more phographers down the touchline than spectators.He could run 100 yds in 10 secs but couldnt catch or tackle.I think he played 2 or 3 games.Good publicity for Leigh at the time .hope Chambers fairs better.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrDave wrote:His American Football career never took off because he couldn't catch. Despite his pace he wasn't even good enough for the NFL Europe side Hamburg Sea Devils.
He got injured didn't he?
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry....that is hilarious! get real kid and stay away from RL!

the RL family dont want you tarnishing our reputation!

sorry....that is hilarious! get real kid and stay away from RL!

the RL family dont want you tarnishing our reputation!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I don't see how it can tarnish our reputation. What about Ryan Hudson at Huddersfield. Plus Richie Barnett, although he has been banned, if he is still fit enough when his ban runs out he will possibly be signed by someone.
I do agree with you that there is no room in our game for drugs cheats but to single Chambers out is a tad unfair, especially as he has served his penance and is now an advocate for anti drugs campaigns.

Personally I would like to see him in our game just to see how fast he is. He only stoppd playing American Football cos he broke his foot then the league folded. If he can catch and learn the game he could do a good job for GB. Even though I think it will probably be too much to ask and I doubt he would make it to GB level. He's too old at 29 to learn the game to an international standard IMO.