Re: Danny Orr Debate

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
Why can't Brown be the answer out of interest?
IMO because that pass into touch was not a one off. He has done it before, several times last season but at least last time it was not in his own 22. :roll:

Basically he seems to me likely to come up with a schoolboy error like that more than any other of the young players. He just didn't look where he was passing the ball!

Dave

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
T'was brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Classic literature!

Explained by Carroll (that's Lewis, not Tony) as 'to make holes in something, with a screwing motion'.

Further comment would seem superfluous. :wink:
So what the heck does my login mean. I only took the name on a whim.

Now i know how the English lot who come to Wales feels. People are talking about me in a language i do not understand.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

thegimble posted:
GeoffN posted:
T'was brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Classic literature!

Explained by Carroll (that's Lewis, not Tony) as 'to make holes in something, with a screwing motion'.

Further comment would seem superfluous. :wink:
So what the heck does my login mean. I only took the name on a whim.

Now i know how the English lot who come to Wales feels. People are talking about me in a language i do not understand.
Well, gimble, of course, is a verb, so strictly speaking you can't have 'the gimble'.

I gimble, you gimble, he gimbles...we were about to be gimbling...
heydude

Post by heydude »

:cool: If you look at danny orr when his was at cas he ran at the line and try to pick and probe at it now at wigan he just passes the ball i though something was wrong with him but since moran has come to wigan he is doing the same, At london he would run at the line but now he seems to just pass the ball so i think this is the system wigan are using which is wrong and not the players fault
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

heydude posted:
:cool: If you look at danny orr when his was at cas he ran at the line and try to pick and probe at it now at wigan he just passes the ball i though something was wrong with him but since moran has come to wigan he is doing the same, At london he would run at the line but now he seems to just pass the ball so i think this is the system wigan are using which is wrong and not the players fault
Im glad im not the only one to notice this.

These are not bad players. They might be playing a systen that does not suit them and seeing as they are there for the season we should be playing to there strengths and not a passing game.