Is This Fair Or Not?????

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
turf

Is This Fair Or Not?????

Post by turf »

There was a school full of kids came in today, and after they had got changed, I told them to line up quietly one behind the other.

However, this particular lad, was taking the mick, and despite a couple of warnings, he was still laughing, and just repeatedly refusing to go and join the queue, so after a couple of more warnings, I said, right pal, you either go to the back or I'll tell your teacher".

I was then having a little chat with the teacher on poolside, and she only then decided to tell me that the lad I told off, had got a disability, meaning that he couldn't take in what someone told him the first time round, i.e, before the kids went in to get changed

My point is that why wasn't I notified about this lads disability before they went in to get changed for their swimming lessons?

I read a manual at work today saying, something like, "Teachers enetering the baths with disabled kids must notify someone of the kids disability before they go and get changed.

My question to you lot is, "bearing in mind, that I didn't know that this kid had got a disability until I had talked to the teacher afterwards, was I right to tell the kid off"?
nathan_rugby

Re: Is This Fair Or Not?????

Post by nathan_rugby »

You sure was. How else would you have known. Its really obvious that the teacher should have informed you.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

this was an issue that the teacher should have dealt with in the first instance
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
turf

Post by turf »

Believe it or not nathan_rugby, my work place does not agree with you or luke_robinsons_angel.

While they are also saying that from the sounds of what I have told them, which is above, they think that the kid has been "harshly dealt with" because of his disability.

For god sakes, they're (at my work place) are getting as bad as SL's bl**dy referees this year!! :angry: :angry:

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! :angry: :angry:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

turf wrote:Believe it or not nathan_rugby, my work place does not agree with.............

You!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

While they are also saying that from the sounds of what I have told them, which is above, they think that the kid has been "harshly dealt with" because of his disability.

For god sakes, they're (at my work place) are getting as bad as SL's bl**dy referees this year!! :angry: :angry:

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Don't worry about it Turf

Be happy :) :)

(bloody teacher should have informed you)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
turf

Post by turf »

Turf posted:

they're (at my work place) are getting as bad as SL's bl**dy referees this year!!
Well, on reflection, maybe not quite that bad!! :lol: :lol: :D :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

turf wrote:
Turf posted:

they're (at my work place) are getting as bad as SL's bl**dy referees this year!!
Well, on reflection, maybe not quite that bad!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

Oh! Should the referees have told you? :wink: :lol:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
turf

Post by turf »

Sorry about the little rant there boys and girls!! :lol: :lol: :D :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

turf wrote:Sorry about the little rant there boys and girls!! :lol: :lol: :D :D
No bother just Smile :D :D :D
turf

Post by turf »

Just a question for you all:

Put yourself in my position earlier today.

I had just told (what I thought anyway) was any other normal school kid off, and then I find out that he has got a disability.

About half an hour after the (maybe controversial) incident, someone asked me, "I bet you feel awful don't you"?

I said, "Well, I was thinking of something a bit stronger than that.

How would you feel personally if you had just made that same decision yourself, only to find out the same information out that I did off his teacher a short time later.