Is This Fair Or Not?????

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Re: Is This Fair Or Not?????

Post by josie andrews »

turf wrote:Just a question for you all:

Put yourself in my position earlier today.

I had just told (what I thought anyway) was any other normal school kid off, and then I find out that he has got a disability.

About half an hour after the (maybe controversial) incident, someone asked me, "I bet you feel awful don't you"?

I said, "Well, I was thinking of something a bit stronger than that.

How would you feel personally if you had just made that same decision yourself, only to find out the same information out that I did off his teacher a short time later.

Bloody awful and :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Seeing as the child's behaviour had nothing to do with you - he was under the supervision of a teacher, you had no right to admonish or in any way discipline the person concerned.

Learn your own responsibilities and stick to them turf!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

butt monkey is saying it was not a good call.

butt monkey, don't forget though, I had warned him a couple of times and then he just started laughing, so I warned another couple of times and after that I threatened to tell his teacher if he didn't move from the front (where he had pushed his way to) to the back.

By the way, for butt monkey and others, I may wish to add that there was only me in the changing rooms with the kids, as the teacher with them was a female.

Still think it wasn't a good call butt monkey

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I would have probably done the same, if anything had happened to him whose fault would it have been? The teacher who wasn't there or yours Turf because you were the adult in charge of that area?

Don't fret about it :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
turf

Post by turf »

I am having doubts now josie because butt monkey has said (from what I could read on his post) that it was not a good call.

I am fretting now josie!! :( :(
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

turf wrote:I am having doubts now josie because butt monkey has said (from what I could read on his post) that it was not a good call.

I am fretting now josie!! :( :(
Has the school said anything? did the child have a badge saying I have a disability.

I have a disability but you can't see it, someone pulled me up a while ago and was gob smacked when I said my spine was crumbling. He couldn't see it and I don't tell people I meet before they start speaking to me 'oh I have a disability', Like I said don't worry, but if it's brought up at work explain to your bosses that you hadn't been informed that the child had a disability and you were concerned for all the childrens safety and that this boy was compromising everyone elses.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You ask the children to behave sensibly as acentre employee. You are then covered. After that leave it to the person responsible for them, the teacher. You do not know the children concerned and have to be careful. They could make malicious allegations against you etc.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Can i smell some Porky Pies
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:You ask the children to behave sensibly as a centre employee. You are then covered. After that leave it to the person responsible for them, the teacher. You do not know the children concerned and have to be careful. They could make malicious allegations against you etc.
Exactly! And why did the school use a female teacher (or teachers) for the swimming lessons, when it appears from your post that she would not be able to "take full and adequate charge" of her male pupils throughout there time at Hindley Baths. :conf:

This was not your job or responsibility. Perhaps a formal complaint to the school concerned should be made over its staffing usage by your superiors.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To add to what BM says. The teacher/school should have a risk assessment for any activity.