Booing and chant at end of game??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Booing and chant at end of...

Post by markill »

also the catalans fans are the best in the league for me. they always seem happy and wave their flags and sing. i was sat close to a lot of them at the cup semi last year and as gutted as i was in defeat i couldn't help but feel happy for them, and none of their joy was expressed in a negative way towards us wigan fans, which you might get between english fans - flicking the v's and what not. credit to the competition, deserve to have a good team and a great coach.
'offensive' chants are a part of the sport and as long as they are meant as more of a tongue-in-cheeek sporting rivally thing as most saints-wigan and yorkshire-lancashire ones are these days rather than aggressive or agravating then it is ok - frog bastards maybe doesn't fit into this quite but it was a minority thing and as other east standers have said, we didn't hear it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
sheepdip

Re: Booing and chant at end of...

Post by sheepdip »

Was sat in the South Stand and thought the booing was directed at the Wigan players. Didn't hear any of the anti French stuff. Ignorant pricks whoever they were, just about sums the English up. The fact we are highlighting it is good.
WE SHOULD NOT BURY HEADS IN THE SAND, DECENT FANS SHOULD RISE ABOVE IT AND PROMOTE GOOD BEHAVIOUR AND SPORTSMANSHIP.

To change the subject. Amazed at some fans leaving before the end when the game was set for an exciting finish.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)