cup match confirmed monday 12th may

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wayne's World

Re: cup match confirmed monday...

Post by Wayne's World »

Spoke to a Whitehaven fan last night on bingo and he/she not going to the match on principle. They said if they played the match at their ground would have been around 3,000 of their fans watching the game. But because its on a monday not a lot of fans will be traveling down.
Nine

Post by Nine »

Wayne's World wrote:Spoke to a Whitehaven fan last night on bingo and he/she not going to the match on principle. They said if they played the match at their ground would have been around 3,000 of their fans watching the game. But because its on a monday not a lot of fans will be traveling down.
Tough - it's a home draw for us. And we'll have a damn sight more than 3,000 fans turning up for the match wherever it's played. It was never likely that we would go alogn with the crackpot idea of switching ahome cup tie to an away venue that simply couldn't fit all our fans, let alone theirs as well - and one that is a good three hours travel time away from Wigan.

I can't go along with someone not supporting their team "on principle" either - just posturing.
Squad number 18!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

they just cant be arsed ,can u imagine not going watching wigan on principal ,poor excuse and what is there problem there nothing in the rules stating wat date we play on lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mike binder wrote:they just cant be arsed ,can u imagine not going watching wigan on principal ,poor excuse and what is there problem there nothing in the rules stating wat date we play on lol
I couldn't, said I wouldn't go to the friendly with Warrington cos it was Briers' testimonial. Kept saying I wasn't going, no, I'm not going.

Come Sunday, ended up going. Begrudged giving him my money, but had to follow Wigan.

It has to be something a bit more than principal for me not to not go and support my team.

There is only one thing that comes before my rugby and thats my dog. And as he is now 14, another couple of years and rugby will be back in top spot. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Susi

Post by Susi »

I am not pleased at the change of day for this match. could have gone fri but go away sat for week in spain.
That's not issue though. I understand big money involved for the footy match, and Man U will be presented with a tropy if they win blah blah .
But why should we cow tow to a b###dy footy manager thats always winging and getting his own way. Hope he swallows his chewy.
for once i hope the wendy lads win. :angry:
pedro

Post by pedro »

It did actually state the matches to be polayed on the weekend of the 10/11th May...which it isnt.

Dont ask where as it did say it everywhere!