Stuart Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by turf »

Matthew wrote:
binxterboy wrote:to be good at tug o war you have to be able to keep hold of the rope.
and stay on your feet!
And he can't do either at the moment Matthew!! :angry: :angry: :( :(
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bring back Jordan James, at least the guy had passion and enthusiasm, also scored a few trys as well, we lot this guy go so we could sign the piece of toss that is Fileden, what a joke
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Just got back.

He should be dropped as I intimated after the Bradford game. But not to the bench or the reserves he is not good enough to play there. He should be made to be water boy, like Noble does to Calderwood and see how he likes the embarrassment of that. It was a disgraceful display, and to keep calling Lockers, Lulu and Barrett is crazy. They can only follow on from the forwards and they are not doing their job so how can they break through.

We all did our job by going to Cardiff and supporting them, but they did not fulfill their job.

I was so embarrassed it was untrue I stayed till 11 mins to full time but a lot of my friends went out at half time they were disgusted by the performance.

Will give Mr Lenegan his due, he came out and mixed with the fans again after the game and he too was embarrassed and very disappointed. But told us as regards Fielden his hands are tied as he still has 2 1/2 years left on his contract - bloody hell:(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

Just got back from Cardiff now. Ian Lenegan and his wife came out to speak to the fans. We were talking to them and Steveo in Old Orleans bar in the city centre. Full credit to Lenegan, for doing that. The Lenagans took the full brunt of the fans last night and shared all of our views. He was as gutted as we were. He was saying that Stuart Fielden does not want to play for Wigan. If that’s the case find a club who will take him. Mrs Lenegan was also commenting on lack of team spirit. She was saying that the players lack any camaraderie like they did at Quins. Also Steveo was saying his contacts down under have told him that the Darren Lockyer deal to replace Barrett at the end of the season is a done deal.

hi sorry if this is on wrong forum but found this on bbc/sport rugbyleague forum pages
suerly if this is the case then nobby should drop him or get his contract paid up and send him on his way

stegy

Post by stegy »

Just back from Cardiff i stayed until the end of the game.If it was up to me i would have made Feilden walk home, because by the effort he puts in he wouldn't be home until the last game of the season.But to be serious how much more can we take from him before we sack him pay up is cotract yeah i know it will leave us short of cash for a replacement but any of our kids are going to give us a whole lot more than this CLOWN.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

There were times players just didnt pass to him and missed him out in that match.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
superleague

Post by superleague »

nathan_rugby wrote: There were times players just didnt pass to him and missed him out in that match.
im not surprised, and like someone else said we are stuck with him as his contract isnt up for a while :( it would cost us more to get rid as we would have to pay him off by law (redundancy money)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote:There were times players just didnt pass to him and missed him out in that match.
they don't/didn't pass to him cos he either lost the ball or knocked on perhaps they know he doesn't want to play for Wigan as someone stated in a previous post
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I feel their is another option open to Noble that is to move him to the 2nd row and make him CAPTAIN. :wink:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whats the difference in moving him to 2nd row ?
Still take drives in dont you. Its just the same to be honest. Wouldnt make no difference. Would 2nd row make him run harder and faster ? No.

Make him captain, what does that tell the players ?
If they get a big wage, play absolutly shite then they might be made captain.
How can they listen to a player who makes mistakes and plays crap ? Where would they get their inspiration from ?

In my opinion, there are players on the pitch who act like captains wether they have the armband or not. It doesnt take for a player to be named captain for them to act like a leader.

At my amatuer level i encouraged, performed etc when i wasnt captain and i did exactly the same when i was captain. I play and try to act like one wether i am one or not.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."